Insanity & Headaches?

Options
Okay, so i'm currently on Month 2, Day 2 of Insanity. Last month (my first month of Insanity) I had only gotten 2-3 headaches during it. Then I discovered that the reason that I was having these headaches was because I was holding my breath (which I did not consciously mean to do) Once I had gotten my breathing technique down, I was good to go. But now, for the past two days i've been getting headaches. On my first day of Month 2, I could barely get through it because of my headache. Today, it came towards the end. I have been breathing appropriately, eating breakfast, and drinking water (not too much) throughout my exercise. Is there something that i'm missing??

Replies

• Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Is it possibly a tension headache? Where does the pain originate from? Could be you're tensing muscles in your neck. It's hard to pinpoint the exact cause if you're well hydrated and well fed. My buddy gets them doing pullups, but they go away quickly.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Squats with heavy weights give me bad tension headaches, they go away the next day, but they used to last for a couple days.
    Not getting enough protein or not enough carbs for my workout gives me headaches, too.
    (I have to average about 130 grams of protein a day ot get headaches and dizziness)
  • inyourdreams21
    inyourdreams21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My headaches usually start either on the left or right side of my head, sometimes in the back as well.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    My headaches usually start either on the left or right side of my head, sometimes in the back as well.

Headaches can be from a myriad of things...some of the lesser known causes include tight trapezius muscles, eyestrain, or dehydration.

I get the sort of headache you describe fairly frequently, and I have pinned it down to my trapezius on the left side. Usually, it comes after carrying a backpack which pulls on the shoulder for an extended period. It starts as a muscle ache in the upper back, and then can migrate up the neck and eventually to the head. Eventually I hope to re-engineer my body through stretching exercises so it no longer happens. But for now, I just take it easy when it does happen. Clenching my jaw makes it worse, so I try not to do that. If it's really bad, I will take a Tylenol if I can't sleep.