I am brand new and ready to lose

Options
I am a brand new member and I need to really stay motivated. Any ideas on how to stay motivated?? Please share with me!

Replies

• StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    you just have to be really ready for change....... that alone motivates me. Put a picture of yourself infront of you.... maybe one on the frig, one on your dresser, one on your desk...... I hate pictures of myself, that motivates me! =)
    welcome!!!
    Stac
  • rchatham52
    Options
    Oh me too, i just joined on friday, I have been walking everyday and I want to loose 35 big ones. My biggest problems seems to be potato chips.
  • rchatham52
    Options
    oh good idea I have really been avoiding the camera.
  • lisajohnny
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lisa and I recently got a bad report from my family doctor. My blood sugar is very high and protein was found in my urine. I have been diabetic for 7 years and always had good control with medication. It looks like I will be trying very hard to eat less, exercise more, and no stress. Any ideas for quick evening meals or just some words of encouragement would help. I'm excited about my new lifestyle! :)
  • lisajohnny
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lisa and I recently got a bad report from my family doctor. My blood sugar is very high and protein was found in my urine. I have been diabetic for 7 years and always had good control with medication. It looks like I will be trying very hard to eat less, exercise more, and no stress. Any ideas for quick evening meals or just some words of encouragement would help. I'm excited about my new lifestyle! :)
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to the madness that is My Fitness Pal the frist few weeks are the hardest I began this journey in June mostly because my parents challanged me too. They were already doing my fitness pal and so I decided to give it a go. They've heped me keep motivated because its become a bit of a family thing but talking about it helps. I'm more than willing to be a sounding board for you if your starting this journey on your own. Just add me as a firend. Staying motivated isn't always easy but I just think of how I feel everytime I see the scales go down just that little bit more. This isn't the first time I've tried to loose weight but I can certainly say its working! x
  • mkmorris430
    Options
    The pic idea works because I picked my fattest looking pic and posted as my profile pic. That way everytime I log in I see it. I am down 7 pounds since Tuesday which is not going to be typical, but it gave me a nice jump start. I worked out this week and ate better and kept up with my journal. As a reward,I treated myself to a massage. I just need to get some friends on here that I can share meal ideas with and who can help me stay motivated!
  • Catclaudio
    Options
    @lisajohnny -- you asked for suggestions of quick dinners... this isnt so much related to quick meals, but i have found i have to have everything planned out the day before. so when i cook dinner, or even after dinner when kids are in bed, im cooking my breakfast and lunch. i put it in a bag and the next day i can go. no excuses for oversleeping or having to eat out... or worse getting hungry and binging. so for me, i have to be prepared. sometimes like on church night, ill also cook supper the night before.