Another newbie just looking to meet friends

Options
Hi, my name is Dani and I am a 24 year old psychology student from the UK. I've always had issues regarding my weight and spent most of my teen years obese. I managed to lose nearly 40 lbs alone and got myself into the higher end of the healthy BMI range. Someone recommended this site to me so I could meet people trying to adopt a healthier life style so I thought I would give it a try and hopefully make some friend along the way and we can help each other through this.

I'm here not just to lose weight but just change my views on food and life I guess. I'm not really a fan of fad diets (I've tried and failed way too many >.>) so I'm here not to diet but to just learn to eat right, be healthy and hopefully the weight will come off in time.

Please feel free to add me and let's help each other through this =)

Replies

• KatieCooks8
    KatieCooks8 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Dani I'm Katie.
    Although I was not obese at any point in my life, I have problems with dealing with food too. I always overeat because of no self control and then feel super bad/guilty about it. I hope you don't mind if I add you as friend :)
  • amberpickens
    amberpickens Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • rukaspooka
    rukaspooka Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello feel free to add me - I can always use a friend to chat and share tips with
  • snugglebuggle89
    Options
    Thank you =) Adding you all now
  • diannab1
    diannab1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    HI Dani...I'm Dianna and new to the site, would be happy to have you as a friend :)
  • JumpingDog
    JumpingDog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MyFitnessPal, a little conversation does wonders sometimes in terms of motivation.
    I have lost about the same amount and have a similar BMI. Good luck to you.
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hello there
  • nottaquitter
    nottaquitter Posts: 130
    Options
    Hey girlfriend welcome aboard. Congrats on 40lbs lost. ALSO for doing it alone. Feel free to add me as a buddy. And yes you just made a new friend. WEEEEEEEEEEE
  • himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hey Dani. I'm on here to change my life too and congrats on losing 40lbs. Feel free to add me.