I need help with HRMs...

Options
Ayriz
Ayriz Posts: 18 Member
I need to find a good, affordable heart rate monitor to see how many calories I have burned during a workout and to push myself a bit further.
It would be lovely if it could be waterproof for swimming too :bigsmile:

Thank you!

Replies

• Ayriz
    Options
    Hmmm... not one post :(
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Depends on your definition of affordable.

I got a Polar FT4 for about $60. It was worth every cent.

And it's waterproof.
  • Ayriz
    Options
    Sounds reasonable.
    How does it exactly work? I've heard nothing but good things about them.
    Any special functions?
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    FT4 here too, easy to set up and use and it doesn't have to be sent back to the manufacturer when you have to change the batteries unless you use it in the water. If you use it in the water, I think it has to be sent back to the manufacturers due to them having to reseal the watch and make it waterproof.

I bought mine from Amazon.
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Why do you need a hrm to push yourself?? Track your workout. Then do more next workout.
  • Ayriz
    Options
    Thank you :)

I need it to see my heart rate during a workout and next time I can push myself further if I stall on weight or something else.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Sounds reasonable.
    Any special functions?

It's pretty easy. You put the strap around your chest (under the tatas) connect the monitor and then wear the watch. Press the start button and voila.
  • __Di__
    Options
    Why do you need a hrm to push yourself?? Track your workout. Then do more next workout.

HRM can be invaluable for running, they double up as a stopwatch, they give the calories burned, give average and maximum heartrates, give the time spent in the zone area, it logs the actual session.

HRMs are no good for non-cardio activities though, they would be no good for a weights' workout.
  • Ayriz
    Options
    Sounds reasonable.
    Any special functions?

It's pretty easy. You put the strap around your chest (under the tatas) connect the monitor and then wear the watch. Press the start button and voila.

The strap is also good under water? Is it comfortable? Better yet, is their a website where I can read all this info? XD
  • __Di__
    Options
    Sounds reasonable.
    Any special functions?

The strap is also good under water? Is it comfortable? Better yet, is their a website where I can read all this info? XD

They are waterproof, personally, I have never worn mine in the water.

The Polar site is: http://www.polar.com/en