Question for the ladies

Options
When you first started on MFP did you notice any chance in your cycles?
EG earlier, later, more regular, more irregular etc.
thanks.

Replies

• forbiddendestiny
    Options
    Arg wish i could help out but i'm on teh pill ... So i've stayed EXACTLY the same!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed anything... yet. It has only been 2 cycles since I started. I did have my annual back in July before I started MFP and the gyn said some people react to drastic changes in diet, some don't. Some react after a big loss because of the released hormones that were stored along with the fat... some don't. So her advice was to keep an eye open and if anything becomes problematic to give her a call.:ohwell:
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    All I know from reading (and experience) is that if you lose too much weight too quickly (or are not getting enough calories) then you are likely to have a stopage in your period. I haven't, however, heard of cycles changing. ???
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    Options
    Not since joining MFP...but I've been dieting/exercising for over 8 years now. When I first started, I did notice a change. I was never able to count on when my cycle was coming, some months it'd come early, some months later, and duration changed as well. It did eventually even itself out and become normal again. I have heard many women have this issue, everyone that I've known had eventually gotten back to normal after some time. Guessing it's your body re-adjusting itself to the change you're putting it through. I'm no expert, but I would say give it some time, a few months perhaps. I'm sure you'll get back to normal.
  • Julbella78
    Julbella78 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I didn't but my BFF did. She has PCOS and her cycle is very sporadic. As soon as she started losing weight, her cycle evened out.
  • Hughes39
    Options
    i don't think I've been on here long enough to see a difference. It says I joined in July, but i have only been active since the end of Aug. But I've never been one to keep track of my cycles anyways. I kinda have this "alert" go off in my head when I know it's been too long since my last one but that's only happened when I was pregnant so never been an issue.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    No change in timing, but the symptoms changed.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    My cycle changed drastically! I started having 2 a month or skipping all together. My Dr said this is normal when you are overweight and begin workingout esp. She said i'll get back to normal in time.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Not that I've noticed, then again I got the Mirena in December and I think my body is still sorting that out. I do know that when I got pregnant last year it was after a 50lbs loss which regulated my period more than being on birth control previously had.
  • Allie_Dreams
    Options
    I have many female problems, and only been here just under a month. But, I have not had one in a month. I tend to be somewhat irregular but with my metformin I regulate out. Not this past month though. I've lost 7 lbs in a month, I do a higher diet than most on here for certain reasons.....so I get plenty of calories, and have had a healthy weight loss but I have noticed I did miss a cycle this past month.
  • starheart24
    Options
    I have noticed a change to more frequently and I am on the pill... i am confused... not sure if this is normal or not
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I haven't been on MFP a whole month yet, so I wanted a heads up if I should expect any changes or not - I don't like surprises in that department. :)