Everyone is talking about ZUMBA

Options
So I have decided to get some videos from YouTube and will look into some DVD's maybe. But I was just curious, how does everyone log it in their journal? Under dance?
I don't have a HRM by the way- so 'm depending on MFP to give me a good prediction on calories burned!

Replies

• decemberg
    Options
    Yeah..I log it under the Dance category. I don't believe it is accurate but it will give you an idea.
  • RominaSullivan
    Options
    Depends on the instructor. I usually log it as dance but if the class is really intense, I log it as aerobics high impact.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I go to classes (in my opinion much better burn) and I wear a HRM and yes it depends on the instructor and a few other things, I've burned anywhere form 550 to 800 cals / hour
  • TruSunshine
    Options
    I created it under "my Exercises" and I use a HRM to track my calories burned
  • emersoam
    Options
    I used a heart rate monitor to keep track of my calorie burn during Zumba. It varies between 400-600 for a 55 min. class (for me), so I added it to my exercise/activities list as 500 calories. It's a solid average.
  • Hughes39
    Options
    Yeah..I log it under the Dance category. I don't believe it is accurate but it will give you an idea.
    Is MFP higher or lower in it's estimates?
  • Mary_Burris
    Options
    I use my Polar F6 Heart rate monitor to track my calories during Zumba. I Love Zumba! You will get addicted!!!!! :o)
  • Hughes39
    Options
    I use my Polar F6 Heart rate monitor to track my calories during Zumba. I Love Zumba! You will get addicted!!!!! :o)
    I have a bunch of them loading on youtube, and i must say they look kind of silly! Ha ha but it does look fun!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    The instructor I go to says that her class, on average, will burn 800 calories and that it is high impact aerobics. I do want to get a HRM to be able to accurately gauge.