Help with beer belly

Hello,
I just graduated college and I am looking to lose my beer belly that I have gained the last 4 years. Most of it is due to drinking beer and unhealthy food options, but lately I have been eating very healthy. I am 22 years old, 180 pounds, and 6 feet tall. I am somewhat still skinny but my belly is very, very noticeable. I do not eat fast food, I drink a vegetable shake twice a day, workout 5 times a week, and drink 8 glasses of water everyday. Can you help what I specifically can do to help with losing belly fat? Should I bulk up and then get cut and lose belly fat, should I run 4 times a week, etc.?

Replies

• crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Eat more protein
  • Should I be running a lot or just a few times a week?
  • dagolifts
    dagolifts Posts: 42
    stop drinking beer. work out. eat clean.
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Should I be running a lot or just a few times a week?

Eat more calories so more protein,fat. So yea maybe bulk up for abit. Do less cardio more weight training.
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    go low carb, get grams of carbs under 50/day, 15% of your day's calories. no wheat, no grain, no beer, no fruit.
    might want to consider the ketogenic plan at http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/
    while eating lots of protein is generally good, I was surprised to learn you can eat too much if you only exercise to a modest extent so the calculator is a good tool to consider.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    the great thing about being a guy is that by making some small changes, like drinking more water, eating a little less, and working out a little more, you can see some big results.

start by doing some cardio a few times a week, and strength train a few times a week. do you research, and learn what is right for you.