Excess skin?

Options
Hey guys,

I've got about 140 lbs to lose before I'm to a 'normal' weight. I've been killing water left and right, exercising - I'm just wondering if I'm going to wind up with all kinds of unflattering excess skin? A gal at Curves told me that most people under 40 (I'm 32) might have a little bit, but as long as they drink water, exercise, and don't lose too fast, your body might be able to make a comeback.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Replies

• weelissa
    weelissa Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 23, I've lost 115lbs, and I hate to tell you this but I've got a lot of excess skin.

BUT... I lost a lot of it very very quickly through stress so I think this may have had an effect on it. I have a 'pouch' on my lower abdomen, and loose skin on my thighs, breasts and upper arms.

The best thing you can do is lose weight slowly and take collagen supplements as well as keeping your skin moisturised- Bio Oil is excellent albeit a little pricey!

Best of luck!
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    tone things up with weights if you do
  • Mary_Burris
    Options
    Im 25 and Ive lost 153lbs I drink a ton of water like minimum 120oz per day and I exersize religiously and I will most definatly need a tummy tuck and a breast lift because of the exess skin my thighs are bad too but I can live with that I cannot live with the flab of skin on my tummy and my deflated boobies down to my belly button.
  • littleluvbug
    littleluvbug Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm 29, lost almost 100 and I have no excess skin anywhere, but I have done it slowly and with toning. I think a lot of it has to do with your genetics too. The only place I can really see it is in my boobs...they have shrunk but I'm not complaining!!
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Im 27 and have lost 134lbs. I lifted weights, did cardio, drank a TON of water, took collagen supplements as well as used lotion and I still have excess skin on my tummy, arms, thighs and yes i have that dreaded deflated boob look.

I would say that you should prepare yourself for extra skin, but dont let that deter you from losing the weight. You will be much healthier and you can always have surgery to fix the excess skin. Best of luck!
  • sugaroxx
    Options
    hi! Ive been having problems with excess skin. in the past 4 1/2 I've lost 56lb. I started to notice the excess skin especially my arms and inner thighs. I've tried every exercise to prevent it but nothing helped. people say maybe its because of my rapid weight loss? I'm happy that i lost the weight, so that means i have to except all the flaws that comes with it. hopefully in time it will get better. regardless i think no matter how much weight your going to loose eventually your going to get a little excess skin, but don't get discourage!
  • grrl77
    grrl77 Posts: 108
    Options
    I don't mind a little, I expect some, given the amount of weight, but you know. I'm thinking something crazy, like really unappealing to the eye. I don't want a tummy that goes down to my knees or something. :P I should definitely incorporate weights, methinks.
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    If you have a lot of weight to lose the loose skin will be more:sad: But as many of the others said, drink plenty of water:drinker: and take it off slowly. When you do it slowly your skin will have a better chance of shrinking, using lotions and oils helps too and then lifting weights will help tone things up:flowerforyou:
  • kkfrase
    kkfrase Posts: 1
    Options
    For those who took collagen supplements, which ones did you take and would you recommend that brand?