Armour thyroid

Options
Kushy8
Kushy8 Posts: 103 Member
I know this is "Food and Nutrition" not "Medication" but it is the closest I saw.

Has anyone taken Armour thyroid? Especially, has anyone been on levothyroxine and switched to Armour thyroid?

If you have, please tell me any changes, for better or worse, that you noticed with the Armour thyroid.

Thanks!

Replies

• Kushy8
    Options
    Anybody?
  • twinsmom03
    twinsmom03 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sorry...I am just on Levothyroxine and Cytomel. wondering what the differences are though.
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I take Armour but never took anything before this!
  • Kushy8
    Options
    VastBreak, how do you like the Armour? Do you still have symptoms of hypothyroidism, or have they resolved with the medication?
  • Kushy8
    Options
    twinsmom03 and anyone else who's interested,
    Here is a link with a testimonial about Armour.
    I suggest doing a Google search on it; there's a lot of information about it out there.
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I take NatureThroid after having been on Synthroid and I am happy with the change.
  • Mom2Lizzy
    Mom2Lizzy Posts: 23
    Options
    My sister was on Synthroid for years, and struggled with hypothyroid symptoms. Recently switched to Armour and lost 20 pounds very quickly. Said she feels much better on the Armour.
  • moopity
    moopity Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I loved Armour thyroid from 2004 until 2008, but then they changed the formula. It hasn't worked for me ever since. I cannot regulate my thyroid with the amounts. I need 128mg (which is a little over two grains). Two grains on it's own isn't enough and two and a quarter grains is too much. Armour doesn't allow enough variety with its doses.

It's very disappointing for me because I used to LOVE Armour. It gave me my life back. I miss how great I felt on it.

Now I use a compounding pharmacy and tightly tinker with my dose.

I hope it works for you.
  • Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238
    Options
    I start on it tomorrow after having only taken Liothyronine (compounded for slow release). Was curious to see reviews as well.
    There is a hypo/hyperthyroid community on MFP. You will prob find a lot of info there. I am about to search posts there too.