Thai Beef Salad question...

Options
My husband and I love Thai food... but, whenever I go I always get the beef salad without the white rice. I love it. I cannot find an accurate caloric count...keep getting many different answers. We went of Friday... all it is a plate of iceberg lettuce, celery, bean sprouts, mushrooms, cilantro, about 3-4 ounces of thin sirloin beef(cut up), cucumbers, and tomatoes. I ask for no sugar in mine... all the sauce is... is a small amount of fish sauce. My question is... can anyone tell me what you think the whole plate would be? By eyeballing it, (just an estimate)... looks like about 4-6 cups of veggies. I keep telling myself it shouldn't be that bad... but I have been fooled before. Thanks.

Replies

• ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I've eaten Thai beef salad from lots and lots of restaurants, and I've never encountered one that served it with rice. So, my assumption was that the entries in the database were just for the salad (no rice included).
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Alternatively, you can use the recipe builder, and add in as much veggies, beef etc that way as you think were in the salad. Or, since its just one serving, build it by each ingredient on your food diary.
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I've eaten Thai beef salad from lots and lots of restaurants, and I've never encountered one that served it with rice. So, my assumption was that the entries in the database were just for the salad (no rice included).

This one does serve rice... I tell them not to send it out....a big heaping bowl full.
  • JessicaRobin67
    Options
    Thanks.... I will try your recommendations.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I love beef salad. Gotta find a recipe to make it at home.
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    From what I know, it is around 165-180 kcal...should not exceed 200 Kcal per one serving. I usually just ask them to separate the dressing on the sites and dipping the beef instead, this way I can just weight the meat and log it wihtout all the fuss about dressing calorie+sodium.
  • JessicaRobin67
    Options
    From what I know, it is around 165-180 kcal...should not exceed 200 Kcal per one serving. I usually just ask them to separate the dressing on the sites and dipping the beef instead, this way I can just weight the meat and log it wihtout all the fuss about dressing calorie+sodium.

I had them, for the first time, Friday night to serve the sauce on the side... she brings out a small amount of fish sauce. I asked that is what is on it? I was expecting more... and I was told yes. So, the sauce should n't be that many calories.