Smoothie Ideas?

Options
theepervette
theepervette Posts: 638 Member
I usually throw spinach, berries, one banana, carrots and flax seed in my blender along with a bit of water

Any other delicious recipes to share?

Replies

• JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    1 banana, 1 TBS natural PB, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1 cup almond milk (or "milk" of your choice), a few ice cubes....
    blend blend blend... Like a Reeses PB Cup without the guilt, and I find it very satisfying!

Too bad I ran out of chocolate protein powder, I'd be sucking one of these down right now LOL!!
  • charleyquinn5
    Options
    One I got from Dr.Oz was to put a 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup apple juice (natural with no additional sugars of course!), 1 banana, handful of hemp nuts, ice and 1tsp rhodiola rosea. I skip the hemp nuts and rosea and it still tastes amazing.
  • AndrewSmith2
    Options
    I own a NutriBullet, and found this smoothie to be very satisfying! It's officially called "Healthy Candy", and it definitely lives up to it's name! Enjoy!

1/2 cup of spinach
    1/4 cup shredded carrots
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1/3 cup diced pineapple
    4 strawberries
    5 green grapes
    1/2 pear
    1 cup cranberry juice
  • littlelady2b
    littlelady2b Posts: 104
    Options
    I buy my yogurt in the little cups and freeze them then I take 2 out of the freezer defrost them in the microwave just a little to get them out of the cup so they are still frozen then I squeeze them into my blender. Depending on the flavour I choose I add for example blue berries but the sweet part is the banana (medium or small) I add that and about 1/2 a cup of milk that you choose and then there is no need for ice cubes. I freeze my own berries so it is nice and cold. You can adjust the amount of milk to make it the consistancy of a milk shake I have one every day. You can play around with it and add what ever you like to it. One that would be really good is pineapple with coconut milk or almond milk it would be like having a pinacolada.
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Peel and freeze your bananas

your milk of choice
    1 frozen banana (break in half)
    1 tbsp your favorite nut butter
    1 or 2 tbsp cocoa powder (depending on how bitter you like your chocolate)

Or you could use a scoop of chocoloate or vanilla protein powder

Chocolate Peanut Butter milkshake at your service!