Switched from Weight Watchers to MFP

Options
tochatty
tochatty Posts: 22 Member
Greetings everyone,

I have been on WW the last two years and gaining losing the same 10 pounds. The points for some reason allow me to play mind games and make bad choices. I can't explain it. Recently I decided to leave WW and save the $55 a month I had been spending each month and to do MFP. I have been logging each day now for almost a month and I have lost 7 lbs.

I hope to get to know you all here and the best to all of you.

Replies

• angawilson
    angawilson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I have done WW lost 35 lbs. the first year. Then when it went to free fruit I started gaining. I love MFP. I have really done well with it the last 7 weeks. I wish you the best.
  • tochatty
    Options
    Thank you for your response. My best friend lost 50 with WW before they changed the program a few years ago and once they did she gained her weight back too. She logs on another website but i'm trying to get here to MFP so we can support one another.

Congratulations on your success so far!
  • mitzvahmom78
    mitzvahmom78 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi Tochatty,
    I lost a lot of weight on WW many years ago, when they still used Exchanges instead of Points. Points have never worked for me. I've been here on MFP for 2 weeks, and this is my first time counting calories. It's a bit of an adjustment, but I'm getting the hang of it. Good luck, and feel free to friend me if you like.
  • Lld320
    Lld320 Posts: 81
    Options
    You should never have to spend that much money to lose weight. Trust me, this is a much better idea. It all comes down to personal motivation though!
  • beachbriel
    beachbriel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I did weight watchers online for years. It did help me lose weight after baby number 2. I like MVP, so much better and it free. I know what you mean about the mind games. Seeing my macros add up on here helps me make better choices.
  • l_clc
    l_clc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the wonderful world of MFP! There are some great people and resources on here to help you out and best of all- it's free! You can learn so much from this site, good luck!!!
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Awesome, great community here.you will love it. Saving money s a bonus too.
  • ltnunes
    ltnunes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm glad to find ex-WW members here. I have not lost weight on the newer Points program. Don't know if it's the mind games or what. But it was costing money for no results. I'm really liking MFP so far. It's good to see the nutritional makeup of the foods I eat and the reality check of opting for a Chipotle Burrito Bowl because it was "easy" tonight. Wow!
  • dllewis7
    dllewis7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Greetings everyone,

I have been on WW the last two years and gaining losing the same 10 pounds. The points for some reason allow me to play mind games and make bad choices. I can't explain it. Recently I decided to leave WW and save the $55 a month I had been spending each month and to do MFP. I have been logging each day now for almost a month and I have lost 7 lbs.

I hope to get to know you all here and the best to all of you.

I did WW too. Not as patient as you though. I only stayed with them a month. I just couldn't manage the points and I felt strongly that points was masking the real value of the food for me. MFP is much better. With MFP I learn the real value of food and what it costs my body in terms of carbs, fats, calories and the rest.

-Debra
  • tochatty
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the wonderful support and responses. I can see this was the right choice for me and I look forward to each day with MFP. By knowing the calories, fat, sugars, etc I can make a informed decision on if things are worth it or not. I have already learned there are some items I was eating all the time that I need to leave for special occasions and not have on my "regular" meal plan. LOL......

:laugh:
  • GlassCutter7
    GlassCutter7 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I made the switch recently too. I too lost a lot of weight on WW, but when they changed to Points Plus I struggled as well. It was very frustrating to me because before the switch the weight was dropping. It was crazy.

I have not been on this site for very long, but so far I am liking it very much. I especially like the motivator where after you log in your last for the day it tells you where you will be in 5 weeks if you keep going the way you are.

Good luck to you, and thank you for sharing your experience.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    My bestie just did the exact same thing this week. She's jenraccoon if you want to friend her. I think MFP is better because a.) it's free and b.) there's no mystery system ... calories in, calories out. You can't screw that up too many ways :P Best of luck to you and welcome :)
    !
  • made2wonder
    made2wonder Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're having success with MFP. Good luck and welcome!
  • mgirard447
    mgirard447 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love MFP! This is honestly my new thing to do when coming online. We're like a big family! I tried a free knock off of WW counting point and I lost at first, but it didnt work for me. My friend just started using the actual paying WW and she has lost 9 pounds but I am curious to see if she will continue to lose. I don't believe in paying to lose weight either. Eat clean and exercise, and use MFP for that extra help.

Welcome :)
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I know quite a few people who haven't had success with the changes to their program and them came here and started to see success again. This is a great resource for losing weight and getting into shape. Goodluck!
  • Gorgeousaurus
    Gorgeousaurus Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 pounds on ww then had my son. After he was born my attempts at ww just wouldn't shift the pounds! Loving MFP so far.
  • tommyswoman
    Options
    I'm another one who did really well on the old WW point system. When they changed over to Pro Points I just couldn't wrap my brain around it and started gaining. I felt out of control on Pro Points. Have started using MFP and am 3 kg down and still have 20 kg to go.
  • sugababy60
    Options
    Hey i've just recently joined MFP in the last couple of weeks :) i used to do WW too and had lost a heap of weight with them but last year when i rejoined i just couldn't get back into the swing of points again so left and gained a whole heap more so now i'm giving this a try and it's great :) we can do this together :)
  • suzannecoop
    suzannecoop Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi im new to fitness pal started today has anyone got any advice