Options
1. Frozen Banana Nibblers

Ingredients:
5 medium ripe bananas
1 tbsp. all natural creamy peanut butter
2 oz. nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
Directions
Peel one banana and mash it with the peanut butter and yogurt. Set aside
Peel the other four bananas. Slice into half-inch thick slices. Smear the banana, peanut butter, and yogurt mixture on half the banana slices and top with the other halves, making banana sandwiches. Place on a wooden cutting board or a plate and freeze for at least two hours.
Makes four servings (about seven pieces).
Cals: 166, Fat 2.6, Satur .6, Trans 0, Cholest 0, Sodium 8, Carbs 35.7, Fiber 4.1, Sugars 19.5, Prot 3.7, Vit A 2%, Vit C 21%, Calcium 3%, Iron 3%

2. Dip strawberries in Greek yogurt or the yogurt of your choice with a toothpick inside and feeze, then enjoy!

3. Frozen Banana Pop

If you're looking for a creative way to add more fruit to your diet, try frozen banana pops. Slice several peeled bananas in half and insert Popsicle sticks. Coat each half with an ounce of low-fat plain yogurt. Put the pops in the freezer, and soon you'll have ready-to-eat low-calorie treats. At just under 80 calories a pop, this is a snack you can feel good about.
Calories 80 Saturated fat: 0.35 g Sodium: 3 mg Cholesterol: 7 mg
You can add some nuts or granola just role them in the nuts or granola for an extra healthy treat but you will have to add those extra calories.

Frozen Mango Cubes or Use a mini scoop

Serving is 3/4 cup
Flash freeze on a pan with wax paper
Then put them in individual 3/4 cup servings in the freezer and when you are in need of a cool low calorie treat you're good to go.
It's a great way to get beta-carotene and fiber while satisfying your sweet tooth. A 3/4 cup serving has just 90 calories and provides 60% of your recommended daily allowance of vitamin C Saturated Fat: 0 g Sodium: 0 mg

Strawberry Banana Bread (Skinnytaste.com)

Ingredients:
1-1/4 cups strawberries, diced
3 ripe medium bananas, mashed
2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp butter, softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar (not packed)
2 large egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
Baking spray
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a loaf pan with baking spray. Place the strawberries on a baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes, remove and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg whites, bananas, apple sauce and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
Add flour mixture and blend at low speed until combined, do not over mix. Fold in strawberries and pour batter into the prepared loaf pans; bake in the center rack for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let the pan cool at least 20 minutes, bread should be room temperature before slicing or cold for freezing.

Servings: 16 • Size: 1 slice • Calories: 88 • Fat: 2 g • Carb: 19 g • Fiber: 2 g • Protein: 2 g • Sugar: 10 g Sodium: 111 mg • Cholest: 4 mg

I found these on different sites and thought I'd share them with you I hope you like them I added a couple little things. Enjoy!

Replies

• gowrirao81
    gowrirao81 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Bump! Love the idea of #1 .. definitely trying it out laterz!
  • littlelady2b
    littlelady2b Posts: 104
    Options
    Bump! Love the idea of #1 .. definitely trying it out laterz!

Excellent!
  • BozGirl
    BozGirl Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I definitely will try #1 and the strawberry banana bread -- thanks for sharing!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    great ideas, thanks for sharing!
  • littlelady2b
    littlelady2b Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm sorry there are no pictures but I don't know how to get them on here if anyone would like to share that with me I can add them if its possible. lol I have no idea.
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing- will have to try them!:happy:
  • Jennie183
    Jennie183 Posts: 10
    Options
    Where's the chocolate?
  • bubbles1212
    bubbles1212 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!