young girls and success at fitness pal

22dream
22dream Posts: 60 Member
I'm new to fitness pal i'm 22 mother of a one year old i've been doing atkins diet since my senior year of high school and my weight has been up and down drastically. Someone told me to try fitness pal and see how my success would be with calories and the support group . Just looking for some motivation success stories and what everyone thinks THANK YOU !! :)

Replies

• ixa73
    ixa73 Posts: 24 Member
    Hi!

I've also tried atkins (and other versions of low carb). My probem is I can't maintain it when the rest of the family eats a normal range of foods. I decided that diets were a waste of time and the only thing that would work was to choose smaller portions, eat a good amount of protein, fresh vegies and fruit, keep carbs to wholemeal and complex,and only have the ocassional snack/junky thing. I also started exercising regularly. In short this is a new lifestyle and not a diet. I have days where I make all the wrong choices and then I make good choices for the next few days. Just plug away at it one day at a time and you'll be amazed at how well MFP works over a few weeks/ months. One thing that I have noticed that affects my hunger is lack of sleep (crave sugar and carbs all day) and if your one year old doesn't sleep through yet you'll know what I'm talking about :)
    In regard to exercise I have also found that HIT (High Intensity Training) short bursts of high intensity followed by short breaks (e.g. 20 sec on 10 sec rest) for only 8-10 minutes improves your fitness a lot. If you're interested there are plenty of sites that explain the basics. I also run and cycle - but I don't have a one year old anymore :). Good luck, it only takes time and discipline you can do it once you've made the decision.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    never done adkins... I love carbs WAY TOO MUCH!
  • Michielynn222
    Michielynn222 Posts: 81 Member
    I've never tried atkins, but i'm actually starting insanity today! I've already steadied my calorie intake and lost 15 pounds just using mfp :) I'm turning 19 and want to get to Onederland by my birthday! I'm pretty active on here, add me if you want :)
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    A DIET IS YOUR PROBLEM!!!! Never never NEVER think of yourself on a diet--you set yourself up for failure. I have made a "lifestyle" "CHANGE" and I am doing great. I do not limit the foods I can have or not have. I take everything I want in moderation. After all binge eating is what made our *kitten* blow up the size of King Kong --- soooooo moderation!! Think moderation and enjoy your life. After all God doesn't give you two of them only ONE
  • 22dream
    Thanks every body for your feedback
  • 22dream
    IXA73 i was actually thinking of doing low carb for a couple months to jump start but still watch my calories untill i could get my cravings under control....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!