Acid in my stomach...help?

Options
So I seem to have really bad acid in my stomach and It like never goes away. Its not what Im eating...but how can i get it to stop? its there any crazy methods that dont involve eating?

Replies

• crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I use to get it since ive lost abit of weight it has disappeared.
  • cyndiwilliams1198
    cyndiwilliams1198 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    you may want to research apple cider vinegar...my sister-in -law uses it and it has helped her...also ginger, in pill form or go to a Asian store and get a jar of pickled ginger. I use this when ever my stomach is not feeling well.
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I think it's potentially dangerous to give medical advice on here, or anywhere, but I don't it would hurt to try prilosec for a week or so. If that doesn't take care of it, see your doctor. Acid can be very destructive to the esophagus in addition to causing misery for you, so I wouldn't ignore it..
  • hannah1011z
    hannah1011z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    kk ill look into those things ;) Thank you guys!
  • somanyrhoades
    somanyrhoades Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have heard good things about apple cider vinegar, which you could try at home and it probably wouldn't hurt you. I do reccommend going to see a doctor. It could be gastroesophogeal reflux disorder (GERD) which can cause long term complications by eroding the esophagus and causing ulcers. It's easily treatable with over the counter meds or something stronger prescribed byu a physican. it may also be dietary without you realizing. Caffiene, spicy foods, greasy foods and citrus are some of the biggest culprits. Also, and this may suprise some because milk and dairy are considered "basic" when it comes to pH, but becaue the protein chains are so long in dairy foods the stomach has to work a little harder (produce more acid) to break down the food. Try cutting back on any of these foods for a week or so and see how you do. And though it's fine to try some of these things at home, remember to see your doctor! Also try to remain upright at least 30 minutes after meals. i used to suffer from reflux almost everyday no matter what I ate and when I quit eating all the junk I was eating it resolved on it's own. many people can control it with diet, but some cannot. It's really an awful feeling and I hope you find some relief soon!
  • urgravity01
    Options
    Start running if you want to stop acid in your stomach. Try to drink more water in your daily routine. try to avoid those things to eat which creates this problem. Also share your problem with your doctor.

thanks,
    :smile:
  • alisonwoodward72
    Options
    I had a similar issue a while ago and saw my doc (deffo recommend you see your's btw), and my acid was caused by an issue with my gall bladder. I was advised to reduce my fat intake, and the issue has now gone! Another plus point of MFP!