Am i not eating enough?

Options
i'm curious on what you guys think about how i ate on the 21st

Replies

• tlmclennan
    tlmclennan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You can't really be serious right? Eating less than 500 calories is detrimental to your health. Eat at least 1200 calories period.
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    no, you are not eating enough. you should try getting as close to that 1200 mark as possible and stay active. If you eat that little you will do more harm than good in the long run.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    You ate less than 500 calories. That is starvation, not dieting.
    MFP tells you you have 833 calories left to eat. Yes, you are not eating enough assuming you logged everything you ate.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    You should definitely be eating more, if 7-21 is any indication. You only have 15 lbs to lose, so it's going to be slow. A smaller deficit is going to make things a lot easier for you and for your body. I don't think that there is any chance you got all of the vitamins you need, and you definitely didn't get enough of your macronutrients. MFP is set up for you to eat all of the calories allotted. I'm guessing you set up for a loss of 2 lbs/week, which means you are already eating about 1000 calories below maintenance. Were I you, I would reduce my weight loss goal down to 1 lbs/week (or even 0.5 lbs/week) and make sure to eat all the calories you are allotted. Undereating that drastically can do bad things to your body and your metabolism if you make a habit out of it.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Well your goal was 1315. Your ate 482. I think that pretty much answers your own question.

What were you expecting? To be congratulated on eating so little?

Since you haven't logged any other days I can only hope this was a one-off.
  • Malita55
    Malita55 Posts: 15
    Options
    i'm sorry guys :/ something weird happened and my breakfast didnt show up in the food log... is going 300 calories below bad? i'm having a hard time eating...whenever i eat i feel bad about it, like i shouldn't be eating it, or i'll gain weight and i'm not eating much am i? do you guys have any clue to why i am like this?
  • AnneTanne0
    AnneTanne0 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you eat less than 1200 kcal/day, you will regain weight even quicker than you lost it. Surest way to yo-yoing...
    In the long run, it's better to eat only a little bit less than your body needs daily. The loss will be slower indeed, but it's much more likely to be permanent.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry guys :/ something weird happened and my breakfast didnt show up in the food log... is going 300 calories below bad? i'm having a hard time eating...whenever i eat i feel bad about it, like i shouldn't be eating it, or i'll gain weight and i'm not eating much am i? do you guys have any clue to why i am like this?

300 below is not as bad, but you should still try to get as close to the full 1300 as possible. As I said before, the calories allotted to you already include a deficit of (most likely) 1000 calories. You won't gain weight eating that much less than is required to maintain your weight. Physics won't permit it. I eat between 2700 and 3200 calories a day, and I am still burning fat because I am consuming less energy than I am expending (burning faster than I did when I tried to lose weight by drastically undereating, I might add, and feeling better as well).

As for the guilt, it's common. We are taught that we are fat because of food, so we start to see food as bad, which causes a destructive cycle of starving to "be good", then binging because you're starving, then feeling guilty because you binged, and repeat. You have to realize that food is good and necessary (even dietary fat). What's a problem is excessive calories. Food didn't make anyone fat; too much food did. It can be tricky getting yourself to believe that, but it's true, and you'll be happier in the long run if you can accept it.