Hello! Gotta a lotta losin' to do!

Options
Hello all, I just joined, found out about this site from watching the Today show. What an inspiration Tamara is! I have a lot to lose, more than 140 lbs, so I am looking for support and motivation. Lost my job two years ago, haven't been able to find work, and I am convinced that my weight is not helping me find a new job. I think I packed on 50 more pounds since I've been off, holy cow! So, with all your stories motivating me and recipes, I am hoping I will find the right way to do this and keep it off. Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Replies

• Welcome to MFP! Congrats on taking your first step to becoming healthy! I am sure you will love this site. The support network here is phenomenal! Feel free to add me as a friend if you need extra motivation. Good luck on your weight loss journey!

Kim
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I got a hell of a lot to loose too so we will do it together!
    I've added you as acfruend. Keys see how we get on.
    Good luck
    Gemma
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I got a hell of a lot to loose too so we will do it together!
    I've added you as acfruend. Lets see how we get on.
    Good luck
    Gemma
  • kathleenpenrod
    kathleenpenrod Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just joined too. I want to eventually go from a size 16, 230 lb person to a size 10, 170 person. I'm looking for friends that update regularly. Wanna be neighbors?
  • mamawa
    mamawa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've just joined too, and found about it from Fcaebook. I can't believ that something like this exista dn am really excited that it shouldhopefully work!... finally! I'm sure like most of you, you diet, then put it back on and diet again. Well my goal is to lose it for good. This time I really want to keep it off, and I also really want to see where I am going wrong, so that I can stop ding it.

I currently weigh 151lbs, and basically want to lose the extra bits to eventually go down to around 133 lbs. I'm a bit embarassed saying that, because a lot of people may think I wouldn't need to lose a lot, and not that I do, but I think everyone has different goals and I think it's nice to have something like this so that all types of people can get involved. I really hope I make some friends, and we work together and all actually get somewhere!:smile:
  • mamawa
    mamawa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've just joined and although I don't know you I'd like to be neighbours?