Weight Not Changing

Options
Hi All

Ive been doing the C25K - just finished week 4. I have 1200cals per day - generally dont eat back my exercise calories.

I started at 180lbs am now 175lbs.
Week 1 - Lost 3lbs
Week 2 - Lost 2lbs
Week 3 - Stayed the same (this was my birthday week - two meals out)
Week 4 - Stayed the same

Any suggestions? I am going to stick with it though as I know results dont happen overnight. :smile:

Replies

• cmfaris8
    cmfaris8 Posts: 39
    Options
    You might want to look at your cycle. Are you close to getting your period? The week before and the days of my period, my weigh usually stays the same. Also, when I'm ovulating I can gain as much as 5lbs. I try not to weigh myself around those 2 weeks.

If not that, it might just be a plateau (I usually hit those every 10lbs lost and can last up to 2 weeks).
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    At the risk of starting another riot, you're supposed to be eating your exercise calories back. That's the way the MFP system works.
  • refinedredbird
    refinedredbird Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You should be eating back your calories burned. 1200 calories should be the minimum calories to consume per day. As far as weight loss, you may want to consider taking body measurements as well to find out if your body fat is decreasing and not just go by what the scale reads. You may also want to consider doing some strength training during the week as well.
  • laurab1217
    laurab1217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    maybe you aren't eating enough......1200 is very low if you aren't eating back exercise calories. id eat them back for a week or two with healthy foods and see what happens....
  • hbreaux85
    hbreaux85 Posts: 1
    Options
    I wasnt losing weight due to hormone issues. im only 27 but that was the problem. I got on a new birth control pill with low hormones and i have started to lose weight again.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Are you losing inches? The scale does not measure fat loss - just total weight - so the scale alone does not mean much.

Also, as mentioned, if you're using MFP recomendations, you need to eat the exercise calories. If you dont want to do that you should figure your calories using TTDE.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat more - I am currently 179..eat 1500 or so and have a loss every week..even when I eat our or drink
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Eat more...I always ate back at least half of my exercise calories. I try to stay around 1600 calories for the most part. Until this last month where I was on vacation and a long weekend and really didn't stick with things well, I was averaging 7 lbs a month or so.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    At the risk of starting another riot, you're supposed to be eating your exercise calories back. That's the way the MFP system works.

^This. If you go to the Goals page, you will find MFP's formula.
  • Madmoo70
    Madmoo70 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your comments / suggestions. Will have a look at eating back exercise calories and look into the TTDE also :smile: