Low carb diet

I just started a low carb diet today. Going to see how it goes for the week. I would love some friends that are following a low carb diet for support and recipe sharing!

Replies

• djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    I was hoping to start this week but I haven't gone shopping yet, are you following any specific plan or book? I have a couple different atkins books I have been looking through, I just need to sit down and make a list between them.
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    I read through some Atkins stuff to get the carb limit and some food ideas. Atkins stay under 20 carbs and others I read is 50 carbs daily. I would like to find some meal plans but haven't had the time to look yet. If you find any you like please let me know. Today was my first day and I was met the carb goal so I am quite happy!
  • ArubaJane
    ArubaJane Posts: 62 Member
    I stay between 30 and 40 and have lost 12 pounds. I started at 140 and am now 128 and am 5 feet 1. I do not do well with breads and starches so it works for me.
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    How long did it take to lose the 12 pounds? I am attempting to stay under 20 this week to see what happens. I worked out this morning so we will see if I end up going over or not. I don't need the bread or pasta but I do love chips, so that is my biggest obstacle.