Sports bra?

Options
Sauleeh
Sauleeh Posts: 83 Member
Can anybody tell me what a sports bra is meant to do? I have large breasts (36DD) and I'm a bit confused about them. Are they just mean to cover them and just give more support than a regular bra, or are they meant to be squished down? I have a sports bra, but my breasts keep bouncing when I jump and it can hurt! What is a good sports bra meant to do?

Replies

• EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    a good sports bra is meant to keep the ladies still. if they are bouncing you need to get a better bra.

for me (36C) I find when my boobs are squished a little they don't budge when I run
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    They are meant to keep them from bouncing.

With DDs myself I feel your pain, I recently bought my first sports bra, it is Under Armour. It had cup and band size options which not all sports bras have. I love it, I got it at D1cks sporting goods, it was about $50 and worth every penny. It sounds like the one you bought might be too big.
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    The best place to find a good sports bra is at a sporting good store - the ones a Walmart aren't really sports bras that offer good support.

My girlfriend - who's a fitness fanatic told me sometimes there are good ones at Winners.

Good luck!
  • PheonixRizing
    PheonixRizing Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Keeps the girls in check and with DD's you need it girl. Bouncing is simply just not good for the girls.
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Check this bra out by Under Armour. It comes in your size and you will be MUCH more comfortable :)

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/ca/en/womens-armour-bra-dd-cup/pid1233078-001
  • luckynky
    luckynky Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I like compression bras. The ones I bought from Target (Champion brand) are great. But I'm only a B cup, so my advice probably won't work for you.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Try moving comfort...theirs are AMAZING...I have 3 of their fiona style and they're worth every penny!
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Try moving comfort...theirs are AMAZING...I have 3 of their fiona style and they're worth every penny!

Agree. Moving Comfort Fionas are the best bras ever.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Check this bra out by Under Armour. It comes in your size and you will be MUCH more comfortable :)

I was about to link that same bra!

Have you looked at the video? Crazy support, they barely move!
    Seems like a really good Sports Bra, probably well worth the $70 !
  • Sionii
    Sionii Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm a 30HH and i've had my sports bra from bravisimo....now they dont hurt when i jump around in netball or run in rugby!!

well worth the investment

S x
  • JoannaEngel84
    JoannaEngel84 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Moving comfort is also a great brand (will set you back $50-$60, but worth every penny). Their bras come in actual bra sizes and the girls will not move an inch! Haha, looks like I'm 2 minutes too late!
  • JenRobistow
    JenRobistow Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options

That's the bra I have!
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I just went through the rigmarole of looking for a good sports bra. Like you, it hurts when I exercise because my boobs 40 D bounce around a lot. A good sports bra will hold them to your chest.

I checked out Champion bras, Under Armour, Adidas, etc... All of them lacked support for my size. I ended up with an XL Nike Pro Dri-fit bra from SportChek. It has been great. It is one piece, with no clips or snaps or underwire. I was going through bras like crazy because the cheap metal or plastic clips on the straps and back would always snap or bend. This bra has no clips, even on the back. It's great.

Try a bunch on and you will find what is best for you.
    I also didn't like under armor because they are padded. Who the hell pads a D cup bra?!?!
  • JRadd14
    JRadd14 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I usually buy Underarmour bra tops in a Large (I'm 36/38 DDD) and they are flattened a bit but they hardly move. I've gotten some from Nike too, and most have worked, but I have a couple that are a bit too small and don't cover enough or are simply uncomfortable.

I've thought about getting the Underarmour ones that have the band/cup size, but I tried on one and it seemed a bit small. There is also a whole display at ****'s Sporting Goods for just sport bras with band/cup sizes (I forget the name). I'll likely get a couple of those next for outfits that don't have a sports bra with them.
  • AnneTanne0
    AnneTanne0 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Although I have only a size A I must concur that a well fitted sportsbra is a very good investment.
    But... It can be hard to find one that is well fitting. I found one at last when I filled in a rather long and thorough questionaire at www.kiesdejuistesportbh.nl (Kies de juiste sportbh = choose the right sportsbra). De lady that runs this Dutch online-shop gave me personal advice according to my answers to this questionaire, and the bra that I bought according to her advice was my first ever that I felt completely comfortable with. I was sceptical before: how could it be possible to buy a fitting sportsbra online, but indeed, it turned out to be the best for me.
    I'm sure that it must be able to find a similar service in English too...
  • chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that wears two sports bras when she's running.
  • bowbeforethoraxis
    bowbeforethoraxis Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I like compression bras. The ones I bought from Target (Champion brand) are great. But I'm only a B cup, so my advice probably won't work for you.

I'm a DD and I love these bras too. I haven't compared them to many others, but they work well for me for spinning, yoga, and pilates. Plus, they're cheap enough that when my size changes it is no big deal to pick up three or four more, which I don't think I'd do if they were $50 or anything. Maybe when my size stabilizes a bit more I'll look into other products, but for me, for now, these are perfect.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36DDD--I love my Enell bra for high impact--people don't yell "get a bra!" out there car windows at me anymore (I was wearing 3 at the time).
  • kristinksmith
    kristinksmith Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have even bigger boobs than you and have had a terrible time finding a bra that I like. Check out Glamorise available at JC Penney: http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/glamorise-sports-bra---1166/prod.jump?ppId=1d21ed8&catId=cat100430014&deptId=dept20000013&N=196&topDim=Brand&topDimvalue=glamorise&dimCombo=Brand|&dimComboVal=glamorise|&currentDim=Brand&currentDimVal=glamorise.

It doesn't give you the uniboob look and has an outer layer that provide adjustable support. They run about $50 and are worth it!