Sports bra?

Options

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I like compression bras. The ones I bought from Target (Champion brand) are great. But I'm only a B cup, so my advice probably won't work for you.

I'm a DD and I love these bras too. I haven't compared them to many others, but they work well for me for spinning, yoga, and pilates. Plus, they're cheap enough that when my size changes it is no big deal to pick up three or four more, which I don't think I'd do if they were $50 or anything. Maybe when my size stabilizes a bit more I'll look into other products, but for me, for now, these are perfect.

I am a DD as well and my current favorite is one of the Champion bra's from target with the adjustable back. I am girly and tend to want form and function in my bra's since I wear a lot of tank tops that the straps and sometimes sides of the bra are usually showing.
  • running_free_1984
    running_free_1984 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound a bit nuts but i use two of my old nursing bras doubled up and the support is incredible, nothing moves!

Sorry, that won't be helpful for those who have not had children...
  • ShaniB729
    ShaniB729 Posts: 18
    Options
    I always invest in good sports bras...my band size is 34 and my cup is bigger than DDD (I won't bore you with the exact size!), so I often have a hard time finding sports bras/bras due to how small by back is compared to how luscious my boobs are. I get most of my stuff from herroom.com or Nordstrom, as they are the only folks that tend to carry my size. Herroom.com is amazing. My friend who is into crossfit suggested the brand Moving Comfort...
  • JustJessLynn
    Options
    DDD here, and the best sports bra I have been able to find is always Under Armour
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Right now my bra of choice is the dryfit compression bras from nike. They are usually around $30.
  • SAHMER
    SAHMER Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm a 30HH and i've had my sports bra from bravisimo....now they dont hurt when i jump around in netball or run in rugby!!

well worth the investment

S x

Me too, I'm a 32J but the 34HH Shock Absorber available from them works a treat! Tip for you though - buy new bras via ebay , about a third to half the price and brand new, might not be the latest colours etc but it's a sports bra so who cares if it's not in the lastest fashion colourway?! :)
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36DD. I spent a lot more money to get a good sports bra than I do on my normal bras. No bouncing when I run so definitely worth the price. Check online and read the reviews left by other big busted ladies to pick a good one.
  • jazzygurl81
    jazzygurl81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, I'm in the same boat. I did just recently get some new sports bras from Lane Bryant; they had a brand called Marika. and the style I brought can be found here:

http://www.iloveyourintimates.com/product_p/lb2719.htm

However, to save some money I recommend buying it from your local Lane Bryant store; these are included in their buy 2 get 2 bra sales and other coupons. If it's not at the store, you can ask them to special order it for you to still get the deal.

Even though my breasts are kinda pushed together, the support is GREAT.

Good luck!
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm a 30HH and i've had my sports bra from bravisimo....now they dont hurt when i jump around in netball or run in rugby!!

S x

Oh hey almost boob sister. I'm a 28H/30GG and swear by Shock Absorber. Most of the regular store brands don't do sub 32 bands.

http://www.freshpair.com/womens/Shock-Absorber.html
  • novarugger10
    novarugger10 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of girls who wear two bras when they work out to keep them in check. Also, be careful what kind you get. Any sports bra with an under wire can cause chaffing pretty bad or press into your skin too much.
  • angiep098
    angiep098 Posts: 33
    Options
    Under Armor and Moving Comfort for sure - I'm a DD and investing in a good sports bra is a definite must!! The band should be tight but be careful that it's not TOO tight to the point where you have trouble breathing during intense cardio and/or get back pain
  • melyndavaz
    melyndavaz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36DDD--I love my Enell bra for high impact--people don't yell "get a bra!" out there car windows at me anymore (I was wearing 3 at the time).

I love my Enell!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that wears two sports bras when she's running.

I wear 2 also.

Yet many of the ladies that have posted have given me some good suggestions that I sure can benefit from.
  • SMBL2
    SMBL2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36DDD--I love my Enell bra for high impact--people don't yell "get a bra!" out there car windows at me anymore (I was wearing 3 at the time).

I love my Enell bra! I used to wear 2-3 bras while taking Zumba classes, but then I got the Enell when I became an instructor. Its a little on the pricey side, but well worth it!
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    A good sports bra will prevent pain from bouncing etc. I am a 36 D. I love my compression bra.
  • JenX15
    JenX15 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am a 36DD (E sometimes, depending on the brand) as well, and jumping jacks/running or any kind of work out was brutal. I ended up buying a Tata Tamer II (lululemon) - well worth the $58. They also offer the band/cup sizes, which is really helpful, so you can try them on and do some jumping in the changeroom to see how you feel.

I thought I hated bootcamp, turns out it was all my girls - they did not enjoy the bouncing - now I look forward to my Monday's workout.

Good luck :smile:
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Try moving comfort...theirs are AMAZING...I have 3 of their fiona style and they're worth every penny!

Agree. Moving Comfort Fionas are the best bras ever.

Not to mention they come in cute colors. I have a few Fiona bras and love them.
  • adamgottlob
    adamgottlob Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    to make a proper recommendation we are going to have to see them in motion :devil:
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    They are meant to keep them from bouncing.

With DDs myself I feel your pain, I recently bought my first sports bra, it is Under Armour. It had cup and band size options which not all sports bras have. I love it, I got it at D1cks sporting goods, it was about $50 and worth every penny. It sounds like the one you bought might be too big.

I probably got the same one in DD, also at ****'s. It zips up the front, so it makes it very easy to get into. Pricey, but totally worth it.
  • Sionii
    Sionii Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi

S x

Oh hey almost boob sister. I'm a 28H/30GG and swear by Shock Absorber. Most of the regular store brands don't do sub 32 bands.

http://www.freshpair.com/womens/Shock-Absorber.html

www thanks for the tip!