What should I drink while i am running

Options
2»

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Meh we did pretty good with lemon wedge jello shooters on the weekend bachelorette party run I did.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    With your time/distance, water is really all that you need. You can have a gatorade type beverage if you want, but you likely are not depleting your electrolytes to the point that you would need that. Plus, it's either high in sugar or artificial sweetners. Water rocks the house for pre/during/post runs of reasonably short distances.
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Stick with agua if you are not going far. If you need a zero-calorie electrolyte replacement with some flavor, try the Propel Zero (just pour it in your bottle w/ water & shake it up). Happy running! :)
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    It really depends on how far/long you are running and the heat outside. I, myself am a salty sweater and require replacing my electrolytes when running long, so If I'm going out to run longer than an hour I'm taking 100% pure coconut water to replace my electrolytes the natural way.

Anything less than an hour I take nothing with me to run unless I'm running in the middle of the day and it's blasting hot (which I try never to do).
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Water. Anything else will make your water bottle all nasty when the sugar from whatever starts to rot in there.

Or vodka, that will kill any microbes.

If I'm on a long run (9+ miles) I'll carry a gel with me.
    Or sports beans, those are good too.

..Post run I drink chocolate almond milk.

21229_540442732665266_1153250302_n.png
  • RHeishman
    RHeishman Posts: 32
    Options
    Nothing beats water. But depending on your run, a sports drink can be good before a run. To provide you with electrolytes. Or you could do what a marathon runner suggested to me, before a long run. Eat a banana and some peanut butter. But in the end, after all the debating is over, water still remains on top.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    While I have been running I have a water bottle I sip on. I have been wondering if I should be drinking something else.

Water?
    Sports drink?

I usually just drink a blackcurrant or raspberry fruit juice in my donut bottle.