Sports bra?

Options

Replies

• TheBoev
    TheBoev Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that wears two sports bras when she's running.

This.... I wear two as I refuse to be a scary scene. I would buy the UnderArmour but I know I'm losing there first and I don't want to have to keep buying $57 bras each month. (I know, I'm cheap) so I wear two champions in the meantime. It works.
  • hmanley66
    hmanley66 Posts: 57
    Options
    The underarmour sports bras are the ONLY way to go. They almost never go on sale, but they are worth the $50 investment. I teach zumba and need something to help with the bouncing! They are the perfect amount of support and still comfortable.
  • Slulik
    Slulik Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I ended up going to a lingere shop to find a good sports bra. It is amazing, more pricey ($100) but well worth it. Barely any bounce, and it does 'squish' a bit but nothing uncomfortable.
  • sunflwrgrl412
    sunflwrgrl412 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm at 34 G. I have to wear a bra and then a sports bra over. Sucks. Still looking for a good one.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    34DD (actually 33 DD at last measurement, curse my weird in-between size) and another vote for Under Armour. I love love LOVED the Endure (zip front), but the discontinued it, and the Protege (the new model) is just not as good. I got an Armour Bra in 32D, and it is good (just wore it for a 12 mile run). I also have a Moving Comfort, and its good for cross training or shorter runs, but for any sort of distance, I stick with UA.
  • thisdamselflies
    thisdamselflies Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm a 30HH and i've had my sports bra from bravisimo....now they dont hurt when i jump around in netball or run in rugby!!

well worth the investment

S x

Oh hey almost boob sister. I'm a 28H/30GG and swear by Shock Absorber. Most of the regular store brands don't do sub 32 bands.

http://www.freshpair.com/womens/Shock-Absorber.html

I've heard a lot of good things about the Shock Absorber, but it actually didn't work for me. I'm a 30F, and I bought the Panache sports bra at the same time, and I'm planning on getting another two of those. It's the best sports bra I've ever put on. http://www.figleaves.com/us/product/PA-5021/Panache-Sports-Bra/?size=&colour=Greys. Figleaves and Bravissimo are both spectacular bra stores if you have a size outside of the "normal" range.
  • sunflwrgrl412
    Options
    Thanks for the links! Glad I clicked on the thread! Lots of info! :)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    34H or so here:

Shock Absorber and Freya are my current winners. I hear Panache is great as well, but I haven't splurged yet.

ALso check amazon.

It is best to get a bra sized one, especially if you have a big differential in between your underbust size and the full chest

And also, make sure you are sized properly. Many women are in the wrong bra size, and many women are in the wrong band/cup combo. If you want to do a quick sanity check, measure underneath your breasts. If this number isn't close to the band you are wearing, you are in the wrong size. Most people will wear a band within 1-2 inches of this number. If you are 5 inches off, you are probably not getting enough support. This is compounded if you have larger breasts, since 80% of the support should come from the band not the straps. If your breasts are lighter or smaller, it won't be as annoying for you.
  • evemarie1103
    Options
    I can sympathize with you. I'm triple D and I just got a good one at Lane Bryant. To date, it's the BEST one I've worn but being this big it's hard for them to not move however I can totally tell the difference wearing their sports bra vs. a reg bra. Good luck on your hunt!
  • sunflwrgrl412
    Options
    http://www.freshpair.com/Shock-Absorber-D-Max-Sports-Bra-N109.html

I like the looks of this one, do I buy the size I am in or smaller?
  • Katerina67
    Katerina67 Posts: 21
    Options
    I am 34DD and my favorite bra is Champion Spot Comfort High Support, but I had to buy 36D, it fit me better than 34DD, 34DD was too small. The second favorite is Under Armour, but Champion fits me much better. A lot of women praise Moving Compfort, I tried it at the store and found horrible (way too much padding).
  • Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36DD and i usually wear two sports bras because i cant stand when they move when i work out!
  • BoxingChick
    BoxingChick Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36DDD--I love my Enell bra for high impact--people don't yell "get a bra!" out there car windows at me anymore (I was wearing 3 at the time).

Yup Enell for me too!
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Ok...if you were a man asking this it would make more sense.

Sports bra- to support the boobies from bouncing in your face or slapping your stomach depending on size.
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm your same size and I got tired of wearing a bra then a sports bra on top so just invested in some Moving Comfort bras. I tried them on first at REI and then ordered them online in my size. I love them! No bouncing whatsoever! Can't recommend them enough!

I got 5 different styles and none of them have padding?
  • amraf1024
    amraf1024 Posts: 74
    Options
    a good sports bra is meant to keep the ladies still. if they are bouncing you need to get a better bra.

for me (36C) I find when my boobs are squished a little they don't budge when I run

Yup
  • Dgadd17
    Dgadd17 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and just happened across this post, so I thought I'd reply. I'm a 40DDD and had a heck of a time trying to find a bra that not only fit, but didn't look hideous in the process of keeping the girls under control. lol I ran across a few at Lane Bryant, and have't looked back since. They're attractive bras, and you have a choice between front-close, racerback, underwire, etc. They seem to fit true to size, and they're incredibly comfortable. It's worth checking out, especially right now, with a big sale going on. I'm not going to lie, though; they're not cheap, but no really good bra is, I suppose. :laugh:
  • Lili0817
    Lili0817 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    If you're boobs are still bouncing then you probably have a very cheap sports bra. A sports bra is supposed to keep them from bouncing, provide support and make your workout more comfortable. Deffinitly invest in good one. Also, perhaps you can put your sports bra over your bra, for now, for more support. I buy mine at Tj Max, Ross or Marshalls, good brands at discounted prices.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I wear two sports bra over my bra,I hate any movement in that area when I work out
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I'm your same size and I got tired of wearing a bra then a sports bra on top so just invested in some Moving Comfort bras. I tried them on first at REI and then ordered them online in my size. I love them! No bouncing whatsoever! Can't recommend them enough!

I got 5 different styles and none of them have padding?

I want to know what kind have padding. It would be nice to just have one sports bra that doesnt let the world know when I am cold. Lol