30 day squat challenge

Options
xv0nx
xv0nx Posts: 16 Member
Can someone explain to me what this is please and if it works?
Thanks

Replies

• Withlovelyv
    Options
    Type it in on google and look at the pictures that pop up. It's just a challenge to make your butt firmer and you do more and more as the days pass. Look it up :)
  • StephaineGelinas
    Options
    Want to do it together ? I hate squats b/c me knees are weak . it'll be good to get my hammies working .
    Day 1: 50 squats
    Day 2: 55 squats
    Day 3: 60 squats
    Day 4: Rest
    Day 5: 70 squats
    Day 6: 75 squats
    Day 7: 80 squats
    Day 8: Rest
    Day 9: 100 squats
    Day 10: 105 squats
    Day 11: 110 squats
    Day 12: Rest
    Day 13: 130 squats
    Day 14: 135 squats
    Day 15: 140 squats
    Day 16: Rest
    Day 17: 150 squats
    Day 18: 155 squats
    Day 19: 160 squats
    Day 20: Rest
    Day 21: 180 squats
    Day 22: 185 squats
    Day 23: 190 squats
    Day 24: Rest
    Day 25: 220 squats
    Day 26: 225 squats
    Day 27: 230 squats
    Day 28: Rest
    Day 29: 240 squats
    Day 30: 250 squats
  • pearson114
    pearson114 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I may well challenge myself to attempt this.

A female friend of mine did it earlier in the year and had good results. And it's something you can you daily in the comfort of your own home.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    It's a half-assed (lol, bad pun) beginner level workout plan meant for people who do not have access to weights. In the long run it's pretty crappy though because beyond a certain point it's pointless to keep adding reps. It does absolutely nothing. Instead you should be adding and increasing weight.
  • ttesta20
    ttesta20 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's a half-assed (lol, bad pun) beginner level workout plan meant for people who do not have access to weights. In the long run it's pretty crappy though because beyond a certain point it's pointless to keep adding reps. It does absolutely nothing. Instead you should be adding and increasing weight.

Sarcastic, negative comments like this are one of the reasons people get so discouraged on their journeys. I took a look at your profile, and it's obvious that you consider yourself quite the expert on exercise and nutrition. It's great that you have your routine all figured out, but remember that just because you've found what works for you doesn't mean it's the definitive solution to someone else's situation. Also, being an *kitten* to someone who has a genuine question doesn't do anything to further the MFP community. We're all here for different reasons, and should support each other regardless of our differences.

OP, I've done the squat challenge a few times and was pleased with the results. It's a good way to squeeze in some movement during the workday - I just do them at my desk when I get tired of sitting. It's not necessarily a miracle workout that will totally transform you, but it's a nice way to help slim and tone your thighs and lift your booty. Plus it's a great feeling to say that you've set a goal and met it at the end of the 30 days! Best of luck!
  • pearson114
    pearson114 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi-5 to you! :)
  • adrylong
    adrylong Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm not familiar with the 30 day challenge, but I'm doing the 200 squat challenge currently (on week 5). It's a 6 week challenge and I have really seen a lot of improvement in my leg muscles.

http://www.twohundredsquatchallenge.com
  • xv0nx
    xv0nx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Think I may start it tonight!
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It definitely WORKS! I have done it twice now and the difference is obvious!
    Thighs are hard and tight, the fat bulge has disappeared from my inner knees, and tushy has risen and tightened... at my age that is always a good thing! Not to mention my core is stronger now, next round I am adding 5 lb. weights.
  • san0322
    san0322 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Sarcastic, negative comments like this are one of the reasons people get so discouraged on their journeys. I took a look at your profile, and it's obvious that you consider yourself quite the expert on exercise and nutrition. It's great that you have your routine all figured out, but remember that just because you've found what works for you doesn't mean it's the definitive solution to someone else's situation. Also, being an *kitten* to someone who has a genuine question doesn't do anything to further the MFP community. We're all here for different reasons, and should support each other regardless of our differences.

OP, I've done the squat challenge a few times and was pleased with the results. It's a good way to squeeze in some movement during the workday - I just do them at my desk when I get tired of sitting. It's not necessarily a miracle workout that will totally transform you, but it's a nice way to help slim and tone your thighs and lift your booty. Plus it's a great feeling to say that you've set a goal and met it at the end of the 30 days! Best of luck!

Thank you for calling someone out on their negativity but at the same time adding some positivity in for the OP. Well done!
  • delaniecastillo
    Options

Though it was negatively put, he isn't completely wrong. It is great as a starter but I found instead of doing a bunch of reps throughout the day that adding a kettlebell or dumbbells (for any squat) add a very nice workout. I did the 200 squat challenge before and it was alright but once I started the whole "less is more" and adding weights, it really started giving me a workout in less reps and made a difference in my legs. Also, I am a perfectionist about my form so I found doing crab squats ( http://youtu.be/Qp0_cmJm76M ) and sumo squats in addition to reg squats made a nice little workout between rest periods.
    Sumo Squats: http://youtu.be/9ZuXKqRbT9k

So like my setup was:
    machine/exercise (whatever reps I have)
    15 reg squats
    machine/exercise
    15 crab squats
    machine
    15 sumo squats
    machine

and repeat
    hope that helps. I never do more than 20 squats at a time.
    and i find myself doing 200 squats and amazed.