Newbie, looking for friends

Options
Hi everyone,

Newbie here! Hard cold facts: My name's Vanessa, I'm barely 5.3ft tall and, as of today, 169lbs. As far as I know, I went up to 198lbs (that's a scary number...) and I'm willing to get 40lbs off of my thighs. Yes, basicaly, all of my extra fat is there. It's a wonder how I stand.
Hopefuly, I won't loose my smile during the process...
I'd like to share the journey with some people. Please, come and say Hi!

Replies

• lizzieloucaws
    Options
    Hi there
    I have rejoined this site having tried various groups and products. I am the biggest I think i have been and am looking to lose four stone! Which sounds ALOT when I have typed it! anyway day one has started and It would be great to have support along the way! good luck with your journey I wish you well
    Liz
  • peetsy1968
    peetsy1968 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome Vanessa.....I'm new on the journey too! Just started roughly 2 weeks ago...I am 5 foot tall and weight 202 now, just lost 6 lbs.!! Please feel free to add me as a friend. We can encourage each other!!
    Robin
  • tanyacunningham397
    tanyacunningham397 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi My Name Tanya I am 26 and my highest weight was 298-300 lb at 6 feet I lost a lot of weight when I got out of high school and I went down to 224 and gain a 31lb back dating my Fiancé. But I am slowly losing it again. One Tip I can Give is change small thing at a time Try some new healthy foods and I not sure if you have a hard time walking or not But little walks work and then the more energy you get go a little more. Every small change you make will make the differents
  • mom5284
    mom5284 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Vanessa!

I'm on a mission too! Look forward to hearing your updates!!
  • echotrufaith
    echotrufaith Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Vanessa!

I too am on a mission here. I just had my second daughter 3 months ago and I weighed 200 lbs after. Now that I can start working out again ( I had a c-section), I'm ready to lose this weight! It's hard enough going back to work after a baby, but to still be wearing some of my maternity clothes 3 months later is a blow to the self esteem.
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for the messages. I'm new here and trying to figure out exactly how the website works (i.e. how to know somebody answered a thread I started...). English only is my second language and I apologize for the mistakes you're bound to find when i write.
    I'm really glad I found MFP, seems so helpful!
  • healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am new to this too. Not even been on MFP a week yet!! I wish you success and a healthier you!!
  • shafikes
    shafikes Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi Vanessa. Welcome to MFP! I am sure you will find this site very helpful and motivating! Good Luck
  • SaberEsPoder
    SaberEsPoder Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just joined this site and would also like some friends to follow along as we start this :)
  • brendabuffington10
    brendabuffington10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to add me if you want. MFP is very motivating for me
  • elainemorris1982
    elainemorris1982 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi Vanessa, Welcome I just added you there. I started 6 weeks ago and loving it. Its getting easier as the weeks go on :)
  • temu22
    temu22 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am new to this too. All the best in your efforts. I love walking my dogs... its an easy way to get added exercise. I am trying to park far away from entrances so I walk more; and climbing the stairs at work also helps.
  • MNMomma812
    Options
    Hi Vanessa! I am new on here also. I joined this site to help lose some weight and get fit so I can keep up with my kids. I just recently had my 3rd and final baby and really want to get my pre-baby body back! It would be great to buddy up on here to motivate each other. I really just want to feel good about myself again and be healthier for my kids. :) Good Luck and add me if you'd lik!
  • Koloss_Kelsier
    Options
    Howdy Vanessa!!!

Welcome aboard! I just recently started and have met some great people that have helped bring my smile back, so I have no doubt you will find some that will keep your smile going. Feel free to add me if you like (have 145 more pounds to lose, so will be here a while.) Have a good Monday, y'all!
  • Tootsiebee
    Tootsiebee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not a "newbie" but I've been a way for a while. Lets sweat together!
    Add me as a friend on here!
    Facebook.com/Roman2luv
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your third baby!!! I'm actually trying to get into good shape before baby number 1...
  • ashleyxxxo
    ashleyxxxo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey Vanessa!

I have just finished with getting to my goal weight, and I know how other people really motivated me to keep going. If you need any help or have any questions EVER! Please dont hesitate to message me! I kind of have become a health/fitness junkie the past two years:)

Good luck girlie!:)
  • ohlemily89
    ohlemily89 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! MFP is the best motivator I have come across, feel free to add me :) Good luck!
  • Hollabauler
    Hollabauler Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend!
  • mrsleonard12
    mrsleonard12 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, definitely looking to be some support for MFPals! I am 164ish with about 20-30lbs to go. We can learn from each other feel free to add me!!!