What will you be for Halloween?

Options
RushinBruisette
RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
As the weight and inches fall off, the more options we have for costumes. Most of you know what I mean, there really aren't many out there for larger men and women, especially without feeling ridiculous (more than normal for Halloween). It's now 54 days til Halloween, so it's time to start thinking about costumes...who dresses up for Halloween? What are you planning on dressing as this year? What have you been in the past?

Last year, my hubby, Nick, and his friend Bobby, went as Bride and Groom (man I wish I had a camera then!) Bobby was the bride, in a white wedding dress, too!! I was the bridesmaid who caught Bobbys bouquet, including black eye, bloody nose, and ripped dress, oh, and a little blood on the bouquet, too! Man, those girls can be vicious!! LOL! As for this year, I haven't a clue.

Can't wait to hear and see your past or possibly this years' costumes :)

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Last Halloween my best friend and I went as Tom Sawyer anf Huckleberry Fin. We wore overalls, white tank tops, straw hats, and no shoes. The year prior my ex and I went as Neo and Trinity from The Matrix. I have no clue what's in store for this Halloween. Too soon. I don't usually think about it until a few weeks prior.
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Black Widow lol. Black lycra catsuit here I come! Thank God it's 2 months away :)
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    woo hoo, 54 days till my birthday then! I'm bumping this site, because since i'm smaller and my husband has lost almost 90 pounds, I'd like to look into hosting a Halloween party, I'd like to hear some suggestions also.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    OMG, what a fun question! I love Halloween and you just put the costume idea in my head for added motivation!! :) ..I have to think about this, lol.
  • WONDER WOMAN!!!!!
  • mandyshell
    Options
    I'm going as Snooki and my husband is gonna be The Situation from Jersey Shore :) I am sooooo excited. I LOVE Halloween!!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I wanna do a couples theme, last year hubs and I were pirates (last name's Turner... ARGH!) We actually thought of wearing the same costumes.. but mine won't fit.. I was 50 pounds heavyier then! I may take a picture with it on and post with last years tho!

This year I'm thinkin I'll be Jessica Rabbit and he can be Roger!!!!!

ps, my name's Jessica! lol

Even thinkin of dyring my hair.. I"m more a true brunette. Hubs eyes lit up when I said I wanted to get the red sequenced dress with the thigh high slit! lol... I'll sure need a good push up tho
  • Buccinator
    Options
    You hotties can work it in your slinky clothes. Me, I'm braiding/pigtailing my hair and putting on my flannel PJs. If anyone asks I'm dressed as someone invited to a sleepover. :wink:
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I'm going as Snooki and my husband is gonna be The Situation from Jersey Shore :) I am sooooo excited. I LOVE Halloween!!

LOL great idea :-)
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    this year i have no idea yet :/

BUT! i do know what i want to be once i'm skinny enough!

ok for those that havent seen True Blood this will make no sense but for those that have it should be hilarious. i'm gonna be a dead Merlotte's waitress XD i have the t-shirt (they sell them at Hot Topic) and i'm gonna have a few different vampire bites all bled out on my neck and be covered in blood....that is if i feel like ruining the shirt :/

OR! i'm gonna be Sookie (i have a long blonde wig from being Rose from Doctor Who, yep, i'm a nerd), my BFF is going to be Jessica (this is when my BFF and i BOTH lose weight) and we're gonna see if we can convince her partner to be Bill and if we're lucky we'll find an Eric XD (yes.....we're giant nerdy fangirls)

if i'm not camping on halloween (which i might be, we'll see if these plans dont fall through :/ i hope not) i may just be a fortune teller or something, i've got the long skirts, scarves i can wear on my head, massive amounts of hippie jewelry and cloak for it. :/
  • Curtism1234
    Curtism1234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Captain Phil
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I really like this costume and it has been years since I have been able to dress sexy! My abs are getting there but this layer of belly fat is hiding them...so if I do order it I still have a month and a half to work on it! My husband says if I get it I better wear it an dnot change my mind last minute LOL.

Very tempted to buy it now though before it sells out because I know I can rock this - alreayd have the brown locks and tan skin =)
    Just need to work on the midsection lol

41LxutHNkL_SS500_.jpg
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Cina04....love the costume...you should get it....by halloween your midsection should be great, aren't you doing P90x?? That is the type of costume my husband wants me to wear......but I will be wearing my "MOM" costume----I don't dress up, just go around with the kids and my little girl is only 3 and I usually go all out on her costume and she gets all the attention anyway, HA!!!!
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Love them all!! Maybe next year I could wear something with the midsection taken out, then again, maybe not, hoping I might be preggers by then or close to it, we'll see :)

For 3 years I dressed as Columbia from Rocky Horror Picture Show, if I can ever find then pics, I'll post them, I was also 10, 11, and 12!! LOL! I was a pirate bride a few years ago and often hid from the camera after I turned about 15, especially during Halloween. Last year hubby was BS, literally...
    bs.jpg

A friend of mine was Edward Scissorhands...

cole.jpg

Can't wait to see some more ideas :) Keep em coming :)
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have this sexy bee costume from last year that i bought (one size fits all type deal of course). But i never wore it because when i got home it barely fit. i was too big :( i would love to rock it this year. Unless i can find enough people that are willing to go as the Cullens with me haha so original i know..
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I am so excited this year exactly for the reason that I'm thinner than I have been in 10 years.....and I plan on dropping more lbs yet.

I wanna be something sexy, so I don't care if I wear some slinky dress and wings or just a mask with a fitted outfit but it will show off my new figure!
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Well I did it.....

I ordered the costume! Now I'm super nervous! It gets here this friday...I had to order a medium/small because they ran out of Large/Medium. But looking at the size chart the only thing that is different are my waist measurements. Right now I'm 34 and it says 28 or 27 - 24 (i think) But hip hop abs claims to lose 6 inches from the waist in the first week...so we shall see!!

Yeah I just completed Insanity and was going to jump into round two next week but I decided to give my body some sort of a break and do Brazil Butt Lift and Hip Hop Abs. Owned hip hop abs but never completed it. Just got BBL in July got to week 3 when I had to chose which program I want to do daily (and of course I sticked to Insanity lol)

But I had to order it now because I find it cheaper on this one site with 20% off AND it's going to start to get sold out especially if the Medium/Larges are getting sold fast.

2004 My Husband had to work on 24 hr duty shift Halloween,
    2005 he was deployed.
    2006 I was a witch and trick or treated with my sister
    2007 I was pregnant for halloween,
    2008 I dressed up as a fairy but I know I probably looked like a hot mess when I thought I looked good lol
    2009 I was pregnant again. I made a joke saying I was Kourtney Kardashin for Halloween. (we were due around the same time hahaha)

So I'm due for a good sexy Halloween!!! LOL I just hope someone is throwing a Halloween Party in my area LOL
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Woot Woot Cina04, that's great that you were able to get it!! I'm sure you will totally kick some abs these next few weeks and you'll look great :)
  • raytae89
    Options
    i'm hoping to go as my favorite animal: a peacock! or maybe poison ivy? she's a sultry villainess :)