Hi y'all! 40 year old looking to lose 60+ pounds!

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Rachel. I'm 40 years old and I live in rainy SC. I've almost completely dumped WW which I have been using since January, and I have been yoyo'ing with the same 10 pounds for most of that time. Well except for the major off track binge on moose tracks ice cream that derailed me for a few weeks. I'm back in the right mind set and I'm ready to do this. I'd love to have some friends to share the journey with for 2 way support! Thanks and I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Replies

• EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Rachel. I'm 40 years old and I live in rainy SC. I've almost completely dumped WW which I have been using since January, and I have been yoyo'ing with the same 10 pounds for most of that time. Well except for the major off track binge on moose tracks ice cream that derailed me for a few weeks. I'm back in the right mind set and I'm ready to do this. I'd love to have some friends to share the journey with for 2 way support! Thanks and I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Hi, I'm Emma from New Zealand. I'll be 40 in October. Although I wont have a clue what anything in your food diary is ("Moose Tracks ice cream" for example) I'll happily support you in your efforts if you'd like to add me.
  • JanyaF
    JanyaF Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Janya ima 42. Would be great to have along for the journey:) This is my millionth attempt to getting into shape would love to share it also. I'm determined this time & ready to go. July 22, 2013 day 1!
  • betsybenn
    betsybenn Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Emma,

Thanks so much. It's good to have your support!
  • betsybenn
    betsybenn Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Janya,

Thanks. It doesn't get any easier so friends are a tremendous help!
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hey there, always great to have someone you own age on board :) i turned 40 this year. Im very fit, very strong, but still yoyoing my %of body fat - food is my weakness (pretty much any food:!) add me if you like.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    i'm 41 already lose 18 lbs and 16 lbs to go... feel free to add me
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel,

I'm 43, in Madison, Wisconsin, and I lean towards a paleo/primal-ish diet, but I'm no perfectionist! I'm also starting weightlifting tomorrow. Feel free to add me!
  • tochatty
    tochatty Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel....your story is a lot like mine only I was with ww for a few years. Looking forward to losing with MFP.......
    Everyone is supportive and the program is easy, just track. I like not having to convert calories into points.
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel! I am Nancy - been on MFP awhile - lost, regained, losing again! I am 43, almost 44, and need to lose at least another 60 pounds. I am on here regularly, so feel free to add me.
  • yari0525
    yari0525 Posts: 2
    Options
    hello everyone. My name is Yadira and for what I see we all in the same boat. I am 43 and in need of loosing 60+. I will stay on track and loose 5 and regained 7. Is very hard but I'm very ready to stop the yo'yo and stay on track. Feel free to add me as it will be much easier with friends by your side to keep you focus (not really by my side) by the way I'm from Florida.
  • KelleyGirl74
    KelleyGirl74 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hello Rachel, I'm Nika (neeka). I'm 39 and I've been climbing the "fluffy" ladder for about 8 years. I'm about 100 lbs over what I want to be. But in the last 2 weeks after changing my diet significantly and starting to walk some (pains in my leg and ankle have kept me from doing that) I'm down 4 lbs. I'm really excited about that and plan to keep up what I'm doing. It's really hot in Vegas right now over 100 degrees most days and as high as 120 on other days, so I don't go outside much. Anyway, I'm more than willing to share my journey and my eating habits with you, if you want.

PS...where is everyone getting that cute little signature monitor? I want one.
  • LiveLoveLaugh2623
    LiveLoveLaugh2623 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Loretta, I just turned 41 and am trying to lose 60ish pounds also. Love to come along for the ride.
  • catsnap213
    catsnap213 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am 40 and from the St. Louis area. I tried WW too and found it expensive and unrewarding. Doing much better with MFP. Moostracks are my favorite, but if I measure out a serving it keeps me honest and on track. Please feel free to add me.
  • LaraMc71
    LaraMc71 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi

I just turned 42 and have about 50# to loose. Add me as a friend - I would love some more peeps to share PROGRESS with :)

Lara
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. I'm 42, looking to nock off about 10-15 pounds.
  • tera115
    tera115 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Tera, I am new as well. I am 44 and would like to get off this weight loss roller coaster for good. Hope to lose 50 lbs.
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hello, feel free to add me also.. the more support the better, been on here a while, but gained back most of what i lost.. Ready to get serious again.. Mid 40's here
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 40-ish and I've made several smaller goals to make the larger overall weightloss number seem more achievable (baby steps!)! I've lost 10lbs so far and I finally weigh less than what I weighed when I got pregnant 4 years ago. I hope to lose 35-45 more by Christmas. I joined the gym, I take classes as well as do strength training and I've been consistent with logging food and exercise. I truly feel this time is a permanent lifestyle change. :flowerforyou:
  • AnaCoffee
    AnaCoffee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm 42, have similar to loose, and have done WW in the past too. The first time I got close to my goal weight of 157 (or maybe it was a little lower.) I was down to a size 14 from a 22, loving myself, but had plateaued for a month straight. They kept telling me I HAD to get to goal, but I eventually quit in frustration. They preached that you were supposed to love yourself, which I had, and yet nope, give us more money until you drop that last 5-10 lbs. Anyway...I gained it all back, tried doing WW online a few years ago, but for the price it wasn't worth it. Plus, I got tired of being told that nuts are healthy and so good for you and you should eat them, but then with how many points they were, I didn't dare.

I'm not saying WW is bad. It's just...I hear you. I like it here much better as it's easier to track food, macros, and exercise. I put everything in and the calculations are done for me. I can even add a food to see where it'll get me if I eat it and then decide if I want to or not.

Sorry for the ramble. Feel free to add me. :):flowerforyou:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I am 42, anyone can add me!