Paleo Crab Cakes

Options
StacyReneO
StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
Prep & cook time approx. 20 minutes.
8 servings - Nutrition per crab cake...103c, 3g carbs, 1.75g fat, 14g protein, 2g fiber (resulting in 1 net carb per cake)

1 lb. real crab (I use the 1 lb canned variety usually in the cold section of the market)
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 eggs plus 1 egg white
1 T finely chopped shallots
3-4 finely chopped scallions
1 tsp crushed or finely minced garlic
1 t paprika
1/2 t cayenne
1/2 t sea salt
1 T coconut oil for pan

Heat oven to 400 and put a large cast iron pan on the stove and turn on stove to heat pan. Mix all ingredients (except oil) in a bowl, by hand. Form into patties - I usually make 8 small patties or 6 larger patties. Add coconut oil to pan. Once the oil is very hot (close to or already smoking), add the patties to the pan. Cook 1 minute on each side til a little brown. Carefully transfer the entire pan to the oven and cook for 5-6 minutes. Remove and enjoy!

Replies

• So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Can you clarify...for tbsp and tsp measurements you have:

- T
    - tsp
    - t

are T and t both tbsp?

and 3-4 ____ what? chopped scallions?

Thx
  • thetemplateblog
    thetemplateblog Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This sounds REALLY good!
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options

- T
    - tsp
    - t

are T and t both tbsp?

Thx

looks delish I'm guessing from experience T = tablespoon t & tsp = teaspoon and the recipe calls for 3 or 4 scallions/green onions --to your taste
  • StacyReneO
    Options

- T
    - tsp
    - t

are T and t both tbsp?

Thx

looks delish I'm guessing from experience T = tablespoon t & tsp = teaspoon and the recipe calls for 3 or 4 scallions/green onions --to your taste

This. In recipes, T - always equals tablespoons and t - teaspoons. I know, I wrote out 'tsp' - sorry! Scallions are an individual unit - so 3-4 scallions.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Cool. Thanks.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • chirosche
    chirosche Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I was just looking for a Paleo crab cake recipe. Thanks, sounds just right! :happy:
  • StacyReneO
    Options
    I was just looking for a Paleo crab cake recipe. Thanks, sounds just right! :happy:

These are really great. I haven't made them in awhile because I've been so busy at work but I need to make again soon - I;ve been craving them! I like to eat them with a squeeze of lime.