Options
No More Lazy! I have 90lbs to lose, who wants them? Ha! J/K :-D
Like most people, I have a Facebook account & when I was laid off from my job, my Facebook became my BFF. I'd lay around all day, playing games, commenting, judging, & then one day I saw a post from The Anti-Jared. This guy Tony REALLY struck a nerve with me. His story and attitude is something I liked, so I started to re-learn healthier eating habits, BUT it still took me nearly a year to get off the couch.
Which brings us to now: I joined his DietBet & am playing for charity. Part of the rules is to weigh yourself & submit a full length photo so it can be verified, although assured the photo/weight can be set private, I had a couple of small problems.
1) I did not own a scale
2) I did not own a full length mirror
So I went and bought them! Easy Peasy fix to my small problems, right? Well, this lead to a bigger problem!!! I had to actually look at myself in the mirror- full length. This hasn't happened in at least 6 years! This was a GULP moment for me. :blushing: As I was horrified that I had 'let myself go,' I was also admiring my shapely legs and surprised my body shape is Pear (as opposed to blob shaped as I had thought.) I think there is hope for me.
I am happy I found MFP so I can track food & exercise in one place and find motivation & support! Thanks for reading my extra-long intro! Let's Cheer Each Other On!!! :happy:

Replies

• Corpsebride81
    Corpsebride81 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi there feel free to add me for some support this goes for anyone :D
  • jesses1grannie
    Options
    Today is Number Two and I'm going to do this! Myfitnesspal was referred to me months ago and yes, I'm the world's greatest procrastinator. I am so excited about this new journey and will truly appreciate any suggestions, help, and hugs along the way. So, here I go :blushing:
  • lifelearner79
    Options
    I'm in the same dietbet with Jen and I have 200 lbs to lose. This will be a first step. I have been on this site for awhile. I am really going to utilize it for everything I can on this journey. Tony "The Anti-Jared" is very inspirational. He gives very good tips and he is brutally honest about his weight loss. I can relate to a lot of what he says because I am 200 lbs overweight. The reality is, I have so much living to do that if I don't do something, I will die and soon. So I'm in this to win this for me!! For my life back.
  • lifelearner79
    Options
    You can do this! We ALL can do this. Let's be up front from the beginning and stay with each other when the going gets rough.