Stuck at the same weight for the last month

Options
I'm 5'6", 190lbs. My BMR is 1,500 and my TDEE is around 1,900 calories. I set my calories at 1,500 calories. I've been stuck at the same weight for the last month. Any suggestions on things I can do to start losing again? I work out occasionally but I've been increasing it lately. My dairy is open for review. I log everything, everyday.

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I took a peek. Everything looks relatively okay, some days you aren't netting 1500 calories and there were a few days at the beginning of July where you went over your calories by quite a bit. There are also a few days where your Sodium is a little high so it could be water retention.

I think you just need to give it another week, our bodies (especially women) have unpredictable bloating and stress due to hormones.

Your deficit is 400 calories a day and you should technically be losing 1lb every 8.75 days.
  • tawanda6329
    tawanda6329 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I recalculated my numbers & my BMR = 1600, TDEE = 2200. Should I up my minimum calories?
  • Kimwilliams51
    Kimwilliams51 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Tawanda, allow me to introduce myself to you, my name is Kim and like you I was struggling at a certain weight and I just couldn't get it moving...I'm not sure if you are exercising or not, but for me when I tried Zumba, I started seeing my number blast!!!! I mean I was losing weight steadily...it wasn't until I hurt my knee again that I had to stop, and when I did I noticed my weight began to creep back up...so I started doing weight watchers for the point system and I'm back to this site for making sure I'm in my right caloric zone and I'm beginning slowly with walking until my knee gets healed. This is just a suggestion because you may be working out and just need to tweek something...I do wish you luck and hope that you blast those numbers!

If you want an extra friend I'd like to be yours! :-)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with the water weight thing. Not only would high sodium days bring that on but so does increasing your activity. Any time you do damage to the muscle (which is pretty much any time you push your limits and are sore), that tissue retains water and glycogen as part of the natural healing process. It's kind of like twisting your ankle and having it swell, just not as visible.

And yes, definitely up your calories to 1600 as this is your proper BMR. And then eat back your exercise calories, or at least most of them. Some of the MFP listings are overestimates but you would be safe eating back somewhere between 1/2 and 2/3rd of what it says you earned. For instance, if you get 500 calories for a 45 minute walk at 3.0 mph, only eat back 250-330 of those earned calories.

Remember, this number is a goal - going under or over by too much on a regular basis may hinder your weight loss.
    And as always, drink lots of water!
  • tawanda6329
    tawanda6329 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try upping my calories to 1600 & only eat back half of my workout calories and see what happens.

Thanks all:)