Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

calves are my complex

hi,

so im at that stage right now where i'm just dealing with some skinny fat. i need to tighten up and lose the last of that flab.

i have been running mostly, with some pilates here and there. BUT I SWEAR MY CALVES ARE GETTING BIGGER.

so what is the verdict? does running make your calves bigger or not? i mostly do intervals of 10+ at around 5 so i really shouldn't be bulking up. also, when i walk around for long periods of the time (aka shopping in the city) i notice my calves do get slimmer... although temporarily? so is it genetics?

im just confused overall. my calves have always been on the bigger side so it is a complex, but im wondering if running is making them bigger or if there is even anything else i can do?

basically... help i want smaller calves? xD

Replies

• jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    hi,

so im at that stage right now where i'm just dealing with some skinny fat. i need to tighten up and lose the last of that flab.

i have been running mostly, with some pilates here and there. BUT I SWEAR MY CALVES ARE GETTING BIGGER.

so what is the verdict? does running make your calves bigger or not? i mostly do intervals of 10+ at around 5 so i really shouldn't be bulking up. also, when i walk around for long periods of the time (aka shopping in the city) i notice my calves do get slimmer... although temporarily? so is it genetics?

im just confused overall. my calves have always been on the bigger side so it is a complex, but im wondering if running is making them bigger or if there is even anything else i can do?

You sound like you're genetically gifted. Unfortunately, some of us can train calves all day long and never see any growth. They are a notoriously difficult body-part to coax into growth.

Your post makes me profoundly jealous......
  • hi,

You sound like you're genetically gifted. Unfortunately, some of us can train calves all day long and never see any growth. They are a notoriously difficult body-part to coax into growth.

Your post makes me profoundly jealous......

well being a girl, i would prefer not to have that type of genetic gift :/
    u can take it. yea... if anything i take after my dad's legs than my moms so... yay me...

and @roundmound
    but there are noticeably bigger. when i ask someone about it they go "oh, now that you mention it"