800 Pounds

Options
I just wanted to clarify some things for people. It seems a lot of you think I'm a troll..
I'm not. I live with my mother who does everything she can to take care of me. I have a wheel chair that i get around in (for the most part) I don't really have the ability to leave the house, mobility is one problem but mostly its my lack of clothes. I don't know why I am the way I am. I can't have any food in the house without eating it. This is not an exaggeration.
My mother doesnt see a problem with my appetite and has even told me that I'm not fat, I don't know if shes trying to protect my feelings or what.
I really need help if Im going to succeed and I can understand if you as a community don't want me around.

Replies

• viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    If you are here to improve your life, I wouldn't waste my breath on proving anything to anyone. Just take advantage of the guidance and information.

Best of luck to you and your endeavors.
  • cbumbalough
    cbumbalough Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Everyone is welcome here! Just don't take personal any rude criticism. There are always haters. Welcome!
  • ksimmons19
    ksimmons19 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    A pic might help.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I am sure there are going to be some people who don't want you around, because there are some people here that find fault with EVERYTHING!!! But in the end, we are almost all here for the same reason, to lose weight. So if anyone tries to give you a hard time, ignore them. They obviously have their own issues. Good luck to you, just hold on to the motivation that you have right now, and you can make big changes! Anyone who is wanting to take charge or their weight and their health should receive a positive welcome!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you need professional help. I presume you're not in the UK as you would get this free. Will your insurance cover it.
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!!
    I agree dont let the rude ones get you down - all in all this is a great community - I love it!
    Good luck to you - you are already on your way !!!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    If you don't leave the house, I presume your mother is buying and cooking the food for you. Why is she doing that. I don't understand.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I do believe it is the inconsistencies that are bothering some people. Must of us really want to help, but we get unhappy when we are trolled because this is serious even lifesaving to some of us.
  • krouse83
    krouse83 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It honestly doesn't matter what other people say. Just focus on yourself. You took the first step by getting on MFP, now use the tools to your advantage. Take baby steps in changing your lifestyle, but keep moving. If mobility is an issue and you are indeed 800 pounds, just wheeling yourself around the home and transfering is exercise. Then start to slowly modify your diet. Little steps eventually will lead you somewhere. You have control over your life and your situation. Good luck!
  • kjg1965297
    kjg1965297 Posts: 121
    Options
    One day at a time my friend. Good luck and add me if you wish
  • alg42
    alg42 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. Everyone on here is supportive and full of tips and advice :-)
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to add me if you wish. I'll be here for the long haul.
  • Embee_2311
    Embee_2311 Posts: 47
    Options
    You CAN make a difference in your life! Many of us here have the same challenges you have - not knowing how we got to be so , not having any control over how much we eat etc., but that's what the community's good for - to share mutual challenges and share solutions. We are here for you. :flowerforyou:
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You mentioned being well off from a settlement. If I were you, I would be serious about using some of that money for bariatric surgery. You would probably have to lose some weight before you could have the surgery, so, again, if I were you, I would not take too long before pursuing.

I don't want to sound cruel, but since I don't see anyone else saying this, the clock on your life is running down. 800 pounds at age 35 means you are at significant risk for heart failure.
  • witmer1
    witmer1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude, but were you in another forum with the same story? I remember reading someone posting being around 800 lbs with nearly identical life experiences and situation on a bodybuilding forum.
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    If you are here to improve your life, I wouldn't waste my breath on proving anything to anyone. Just take advantage of the guidance and information.

This +
    no good mother would be able to call her child fat - ever... I have a grandmother that contributed to my problem by guilt feeding me as a child... she loved me loads, but didn't know how to NOT feed me. She came from a place and time where thin was sickly and heavy was healthy.

As long as you don't mention the trigger words - clean, paleo, or any other specific diet - you will avoid most of the haters.

Haters just need more to do.

You'll find support and hate and some who will give advice totally ill fitted to you. Read it, discard what is not right for you and move on.

I don't think a person could post they love bananas without causing some critics to spring forth spewing hate. Just ignore what goes against you and look for the pearls of wisdom and support in the comments.
  • kellyskitties
    Options
    You mentioned being well off from a settlement. If I were you, I would be serious about using some of that money for bariatric surgery. You would probably have to lose some weight before you could have the surgery, so, again, if I were you, I would not take too long before pursuing.

I don't want to sound cruel, but since I don't see anyone else saying this, the clock on your life is running down. 800 pounds at age 35 means you are at significant risk for heart failure.

He may not be a candidate - many have to lose weight to get it.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You would probably have to lose some weight before you could have the surgery, so, again, if I were you, I would not take too long before pursuing.

That would be why I mentioned it in my reply.
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Welcome. There are lots of people everywhere (not just here) who are out to bring others down. You're on your way to making changes! Just stick with it :):flowerforyou:
  • kellyskitties
    Options
    You would probably have to lose some weight before you could have the surgery, so, again, if I were you, I would not take too long before pursuing.

That would be why I mentioned it in my reply.

sorry- guess I read too fast!