Japanese Steakhouse

Options
My friends and I are planning on going out to eat on Thursday to a Japanese Steakhouse. I'm worried about what I should eat. Any suggestions??

Replies

• StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    its hard figuring out the calories but the last time I went I got the Hibatchi Veggies and it was filling. its the rice and noodles and sushi that gets me everytime! good luck!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Steamed rice instead of fried, for sure!
  • rfialkiewicz
    rfialkiewicz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Ooo, I know this! I work in an Asian restaurant I get to play this game every day! LOL

Ask for "no sauce" or sauce on the side if its cooked in* anything but butter. Ask for steamed rice instead of fried (white or brown is still better than fried). The egg noodles aren't too bad if they've no extra sauce, but I haven't investigated rice noodles yet. Also, as it has been said, stick to veggies if you can.

If they offer "sweet carrots" just say NO. It's carrots cooked in butter and sugar. It's awful good, awful sweet, and awful for you.

NO EGGROLLS and steer clear of anything with "Tempura" in the name.
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Ooo, I know this! I work in an Asian restaurant I get to play this game every day! LOL

Ask for "no sauce" or sauce on the side if its cooked in* anything but butter. Ask for steamed rice instead of fried (white or brown is still better than fried). The egg noodles aren't too bad if they've no extra sauce, but I haven't investigated rice noodles yet. Also, as it has been said, stick to veggies if you can.

If they offer "sweet carrots" just say NO. It's carrots cooked in butter and sugar. It's awful good, awful sweet, and awful for you.

Ahhh...but Tempura is sooooo yummy ;-)
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    If the restaurant is the type I think it is (teppan grill), you should be okay. They use more fat than you would cooking at home, but they serve a lot of veggies, and usually the starter is something like miso soup (which isn't bad at all). If they offer shrimp or fish, go for that (fewer calories than beef), and as others have said, stay away from tempura or other fried things. Enjoy your supper!
  • rfialkiewicz
    rfialkiewicz Posts: 183 Member
    Options

Ahhh...but Tempura is sooooo yummy ;-)

Ahhh... I know.

But it's soooo bad for you 0.0

I have to keep that as my mantra while I'm at work serving it to customers going, "I don't want it, I don't want it, I don't want it."
  • jessudd
    jessudd Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Our Japanese Steakhouse-type restaurants here all serve sushi, so I usually get a veggie sushi roll... maybe soup or edamame on the side or something... and that is usually light, delicious and filling to me!