What am I doing wrong???

Options
I have been losing weight very slowly.... So I bought an HRM to take the guessing out of the equation. I have a scale and measure everything and log everything I eat. I do weight training 3 times a week... cardio every day, and HIIT training 2-3 days a week. Why is my progress so slow. Keep in mind I have been eating clean since last Jan-Feb... it is now July. I do not expect overnight results but I feel something is holding back progress.I recently started eating more fat hoping that would rev up my metabolism.
Here are my calories burned vs the ones consumed. Can someone look at my food diary and tell me what I need to do / change,

Monday 2753 cal burned / 1700 eaten
Tuesday 2398 cal burned / 1659 eaten
Wed 2672 /1933
Thursday 2552 / 1857
Friday 2493 /1357
Saturday 2383 /1871
Sunday 2479 / 1550

Replies

• lovejenny333
    Options
    Unfortunately, I can't help and let you know what you're doing wrong but I can tell you that this inspires me to keep doing it. You're working so hard and it's so inspirational. Keep at it, even if it's slow and steady, just keep doing what you're doing!
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    Do you have a personal monitor that is calculating your calories burned? I have noticed that using the preset list in MFP is WAY off of what I have actually burned. Are you using what MFP says you burn? That may be part of the problem. Treadmills and elipticals are not very accurate at calculation calories either. I'm wondering if maybe you are not burning as many as you think which leads to eating more then what you really want to.

Just a thought.
  • boulinoute
    boulinoute Posts: 41
    Options
    Actually I have a basis watch which is supposedly accurate. So I dont know....
  • boulinoute
    Options
    Awe thank you!!!! <3
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    Yep, that sould be pretty accurate. According to your ticker, it looks like you've lost about 10 lbs (not to shabby BTW). How long has the weight loss taken you?

Also remember SLOW is what you want. Too rapid of a weight loss and you are more likely to gain it back. I've been using MFP since March and I'm only down 21lbs. Even tho I have my profile set to lose 2lbs per week, sometimes it just doesn't work that way.

By your description, it sounds like you are doing everything right. Have you measured your body? I'm sure you are losing inches. I know it's hard (trust me) but try not to be too focused on the # on the scale, pay more attention to how your sloths fit and the changes you are making to your body.
  • boulinoute
    Options
    Well I had lost 10 lbs. Was 143 in January... went down to 133 by march/April... and now I am about 135. So I stopped logging my weight. I am guessing it is muscle as I can see my muscle definition a lot more and I am firmer all around, way less cellulite. I am losing inches ... about 2" off my waist. I am just impatient I guess. I am just gonna keep pushing!!! Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I just thought I would see faster or more drastic results putting that much efforts into something.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Well I had lost 10 lbs. Was 143 in January... went down to 133 by march/April... and now I am about 135. So I stopped logging my weight. I am guessing it is muscle as I can see my muscle definition a lot more and I am firmer all around, way less cellulite. I am losing inches ... about 2" off my waist. I am just impatient I guess. I am just gonna keep pushing!!! Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I just thought I would see faster or more drastic results putting that much efforts into something.

I highly doubt it's muscle mass. Muscle mass is extremely hard to gain, especially enough to make the scale move UP after losing 10 lbs, and being in such high caloric deficits as you listed above.
  • boulinoute
    Options
    So is it fat?
  • boulinoute
    Options
    So is it fat? Water?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    You work out everyday and burn that much?

I'd say you're overdoing it the workouts, cut back, have a rest day at least once a week.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    So is it fat? Water?

If I had to guess, I'd guess water. Did you change anything in your workout? Intensity, Duration?

I also agree with the rest days needed.
  • boulinoute
    Options
    I work out everyday yes. My day off is just walk (6miles) on Sunday with no weight training. So nothing at all one day a week?
  • boulinoute
    Options
    My workouts increase in duration and intensity -everytime I get too comfortable.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you're weighing/measuring & logging your food accordingly?
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    You don't look like you've got much weight to lose but you're eating at a 1000 cal deficit (I.e. target deficit for a 2lb per week loss). When you're body hasn't got much fat it won't give it up easy.

Reduce your deficit to lose 0.5lb to 1lb per week so aim for a max deficit of 500 cals per day.
  • boulinoute
    Options
    @81Katz
    Hello,
    I am 100% sure about the logging & measuring. If anything that is the only thing I know I am doing right. I do not eyeball anything. I break out the scale at every meal and pre portion everything when I meal prep. I log everything I put in my mouth (except water /tea/coffee). To be quite honest I am a bit OCD about it. It has to be exact to the gram lol
  • boulinoute
    Options
    @ Karenjanine

Thanks for the input. There is one thing though. I have only had my HRM for 3 weeks. Before that I had COMPLETELY underestimated my TDEE (hence my cal goal being 1250) I try to eat at least no less than 1500-1800 now. So I might have been under eating for months before that.
  • boulinoute
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH everyone for taking time out of your day to respond to me and try helping me out. I appreciate all of your comments. MFP= best community ever.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Ummm....if your numbers are right, you are burning more than you eat every single day and are always operating at a deficit. That means your body isn't getting the fuel it needs just to maintain itself. You aren't going to lose anything if you keep doing that.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options

Oh gawd, we're in the exact same boat. :(
    Maybe your help will be my help.