Could use motivation!

Options
I'm a SAHM to 2 kids, ages 2 & 4, who bakes (as a side business). I was doing really well and lost my baby weight over the last 18 months. However, recently (last 3 months or so) weight has slowly started to creep back on the busier my work schedule becomes. I work out regularly and thought I ate pretty healthy.
This is my first day of tracking and I already feel discouraged - any advice?

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Just keep tracking...that's where you the true calorie/fat intake...after you see the patterns, then, you can modify your diet or foods...it's a real eye opener...don't get discouraged, learn from it
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Tracking is really the best way to start. It gives you an idea of where you are having issues - sometimes it's the "tastes" of things that add up so when you start that you don't realize, be sure to be as accurate as possible. Some of the things will just blow you away.

Make sure you have packaging of the items and confirm everything - some of the items in the DB isn't accurate. Once you start confirming though, you'll be able to trust the ones with no asterisks beside them - they are confirmed correct.
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Keep tracking... it will open your eyes and as you keep going you will get better and better until your eating what you need without having to track!!

Just remember that each day is a NEW DAY, practice makes perfect and you WILL SUCCEED!! All you have to do is have faith and a little self control. =D

If you ever get a bit "low" and start thinking "This is never going to work" go to the boards and have a look thru the sucess stories... they speak for themselves... you wont be able to help feeling motivated!!! =)

The people on here are very good motivators too!! So start "friending" people!!! =D
  • davidcookfan
    davidcookfan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Lots of luck to you.....:smile:
  • sandyland324
    Options
    Thanks for the support! How do I "friend" people?
  • gotstoknow
    Options
    hi sandyland, you can feel discouraged if you want.. but no need. you can get through this
    you have proven it before!!! i have 50-60 pounds to go... just started.
    you hang in there. watch the patterns like the other folks said.. also...
    see what foods may be the "culprits".. sugar doesn't bother
    my husbands waist line but it does mine. eggs bother his blood,
    but not mine... so you just relax.. do some looking, reading, searching
    and stay with it!!! friend if you would like otherwise.. know you
    are being thought about and encouraged!- leigh
  • ang2803
    Options
    The best thing that motivates me is looking at pictures of how I used to look and thinking "God I don't want to get back there again!" Also if you are on facebook, I am a part of this group called "Motivation" with other MFP members. It really does help to keep going when you have other people cheering you on. The link to the group is: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=268180696780. Check it out!
  • kaeelle
    kaeelle Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've been tracking for a week or so now. I was discouraged day one as well. But I took a long hard look at what I was putting in my body. I've cut out all sodas, I've only had two in the past 8 days. Drink all kinds of water. And remember that if you go over, it's okay. You can expect to go over. If you go over, run around with your kids in the yard for 30 minutes. Burn the extra calories! And remember that every day is a new day. It's okay. These guys on here are spectacular in the motivation department. Their will and great positive attitudes has helped keep me in tune! Sometimes, remember, it's a matter of how much you eat, not what it is. Everything in moderation, my mother says. :)

We're here for you! You CAN/WILL do it!
  • crystal1302
    Options
    Hang in there...I was 10 pounds from my goal weight then I entered the happy zone and I slowly gained 10 pounds. This site has helped me get back on track and realize the bad choices I started making with food. I am now 10 pounds from my goal again this time I'm going to reach it.

Please don't get discouraged, keep tracking and learn what mistakes you're making with food. YOU CAN DO IT!