What am I doing wrong???

Options
2»

Replies

• lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    If your picture is a recent one, then I'd say focus less on the scale and more on body fat %%. Personally, I think your body looks fine and the continued lifting will help give you definition.

Do you know what your lean body weight is? Bones+muscle? If you take that and divide by your total weight that gives you your body fat %%. Based on the pics and your work out schedule I'd guess your body fat is < 20 %.

You are eating at a high deficit for the weight you want to lose, and if the fat isn't there, then the muscle will be burned to give you the energy needed. Something to consider.
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I think she's listing out including her total daily expenditure, w/ the watch device she's wearing. On average she has 1000 calorie deficit, versus the typical 500 suggested for a 1 lb loss/week.

Ummm....if your numbers are right, you are burning more than you eat every single day and are always operating at a deficit. That means your body isn't getting the fuel it needs just to maintain itself. You aren't going to lose anything if you keep doing that.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I work out everyday yes. My day off is just walk (6miles) on Sunday with no weight training. So nothing at all one day a week?

Yes, your body needs to repair what you did to it. I have two days a week where I don't "work out" to allow the body to rejuvenate. I wouldn't consider a 6mile walk a rest day.
    My workouts increase in duration and intensity -everytime I get too comfortable.

When you change the intensity of your workout, or incorporate something new, the body will indeed retain more water for repair.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I think she's listing out including her total daily expenditure, w/ the watch device she's wearing. On average she has 1000 calorie deficit, versus the typical 500 suggested for a 1 lb loss/week.

Ummm....if your numbers are right, you are burning more than you eat every single day and are always operating at a deficit. That means your body isn't getting the fuel it needs just to maintain itself. You aren't going to lose anything if you keep doing that.

That's not how I read it, but I hope you're right and I'm wrong.
  • Leslie1124
    Leslie1124 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You don't look like you've got much weight to lose but you're eating at a 1000 cal deficit (I.e. target deficit for a 2lb per week loss). When you're body hasn't got much fat it won't give it up easy.

Reduce your deficit to lose 0.5lb to 1lb per week so aim for a max deficit of 500 cals per day.

I was thinking this too. Not much to lose. so it will be SLOW
  • boulinoute
    boulinoute Posts: 41
    Options
    @Lawtechie
    Hello,
    I do not know my BF ratio. I am thinking about getting it checked at a gym.
    I only wish to get leaner at this point. The picture is fairly recent. Although it is more flattering than reality lol (good lighting). I just get so frustrated with my stomach & thighs!!!!! Seems that those aeras are resistant to progress.
  • boulinoute
    boulinoute Posts: 41
    Options
    @Leslie1124

I just got to stick to it and be patient.