Back stiffness?

Options
radzer0
radzer0 Posts: 20 Member
So since ive started exercising an hour a day on the treadmill my back seems crazy stiff in the lower portion. It doesnt really hurt just like bending over to put on my socks i can feel the stiffness.

I know very little about muscles. Does the lower back muscles get a workout on the treadmill and thats just what im feeling?

Replies

• rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    My back gets stiff from running also. I have found that doing some stretches for your back after the run really goes a long way. Before I started to stretch my back there were times when it was difficult to sit in a chair for an extended period.
  • rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options
    Are you doing any kind of stretching and/or cool down routine? There are many stretches for the legs/hamstring that result in also stretching out the lower back. The impact and starting to exercise is probably affecting your lower back.
  • radzer0
    radzer0 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I will have to do some back stretches. I do the treadmill cooldown by slowing down and walking slow for 5-10min after and it really keep my leg soreness down. Didnt know about the back part though.