800 Pounds

Options

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    It can be done, but not overnight. Good luck to you.

www.gettingfit4life.com
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You need medical attention and you need it now. Call your doctor and start a discussion right away. If they can't help, ask them to give you references to someone who can and don't stop dialing the phone until you find someone to help you. it sounds to me like you not only need the guidance of a general practitioner but also a nutritionist/dietician that can help teach you what healthy eating means and maybe a physical therapist who can help you to start moving your body.

Also, it sounds like your mother needs some intervention as well. She's obviously blind to your eating issues and is enabling your behavior. As long as you are under her care, you will not succeed unless you are both on the same path.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Big Guy, I hope you take advantage of this site and all the free help. Lord knows a lot of people would love the challenge of helping you. There's nothing that works better than calorie counting, it's elementary, and I believe anyone of any size can lose weight. Keep logging, take baby steps, read all the success stories for motivation.
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    You need medical attention and you need it now. Call your doctor and start a discussion right away. If they can't help, ask them to give you references to someone who can and don't stop dialing the phone until you find someone to help you. it sounds to me like you not only need the guidance of a general practitioner but also a nutritionist/dietician that can help teach you what healthy eating means and maybe a physical therapist who can help you to start moving your body.

Also, it sounds like your mother needs some intervention as well. She's obviously blind to your eating issues and is enabling your behavior. As long as you are under her care, you will not succeed unless you are both on the same path.

Exactly this. Read this over and over until it becomes you inner dialogue. It won't be easy, but this is the only way you will succeed
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Does anyone remember the username of the guy who lost an incredible amount of weight? I want to say his first name is Ed, (Ed Davenport?) but I can't remember his username... I think one of his pictures involved riding on a tractor or a riding mower. His story might be relevant here, if someone knows who he is and can post the link.
  • M8R5on8ym
    M8R5on8ym Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to clarify some things for people. It seems a lot of you think I'm a troll..
    I'm not. I live with my mother who does everything she can to take care of me. I have a wheel chair that i get around in (for the most part) I don't really have the ability to leave the house, mobility is one problem but mostly its my lack of clothes. I don't know why I am the way I am. I can't have any food in the house without eating it. This is not an exaggeration.
    My mother doesnt see a problem with my appetite and has even told me that I'm not fat, I don't know if shes trying to protect my feelings or what.
    I really need help if Im going to succeed and I can understand if you as a community don't want me around.

I'd like to see the wheelchair that can hold an 800 pound man.

For reference https://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/world-fattest-man-died-900-pounds-article-1.1353829

I also notice you've changed your food diary from this morning those scrambled eggs weren't there and there was a gallon of some syrup or something
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Here is the link to Ed Davenports MFP page. He has lost over 300 pounds and is truly inspiring!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/eddavenport
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    You need medical attention, not MFP. You need to be in a skilled nursing physility that has experience in treating patient with morbid obesity.

If this story is true, you're mother is slowly killing you. She is the one providing the food and cooking for you and acting as if this is not a problem. It is.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    sorry- guess I read too fast!

S'kay,,, I just noticed your profile picture, which makes up it. In fact, I liked it so much that I stole it. BUWHAHAHAHAHA!

Let's be friends... except you're a girl, and I don't allow myself to send FRs to girls because, well, it feels creepy not matter how much I try not to make it feel that way.
  • M8R5on8ym
    Options
    Here is the link to Ed Davenports MFP page. He has lost over 300 pounds and is truly inspiring!

Incredible
  • mmouse90
    mmouse90 Posts: 83
    Options
    Welcome! I would start with getting all of your doctors lined up and helping you. The one to include would be a psychologist who specializes in eating disorders to help you understand why you feel you have to eat as much as you do. If I recall correctly I think there is a rare condition where people keep eating because the body does not tell them they are full and to stop. I would seriously get doctors involved and your mom has to be 100% on board with what the doctors instruct you with and not what she feels best.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options

Exactly this. Read this over and over until it becomes you inner dialogue. It won't be easy, but this is the only way you will succeed

Yes! This!
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options

For reference https://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/world-fattest-man-died-900-pounds-article-1.1353829

I also notice you've changed your food diary from this morning those scrambled eggs weren't there and there was a gallon of some syrup or something

He had posted on his friend feed for help correcting it to yesterday's food instead of today's.

Our hospital had a wheelchair just like you are asking about - we called it the limo. Went with the special bariatric room - bed, comfy sitting chair, bedside commode, wheelchair, shower etc. all for the larger people. We called the wheelchair the limo. I could lay sideways across it. As long as there is demand, there will be a wheelchair for this size.
    http://www.1800wheelchair.com/asp/view-product.asp?product_id=2232

We have more demand for the bariatric room than you would expect - and many of them mobile much more than you would expect. The biggest mobile patient I've seen was around 600+pounds.
  • M8R5on8ym
    Options
    Our hospital had a wheelchair just like you are asking about - we called it the limo. Went with the special bariatric room - bed, comfy sitting chair, bedside commode, wheelchair, shower etc. all for the larger people. We called the wheelchair the limo. I could lay sideways across it. As long as there is demand, there will be a wheelchair for this size.
    http://www.1800wheelchair.com/asp/view-product.asp?product_id=2232

We have more demand for the bariatric room than you would expect - and many of them mobile much more than you would expect. The biggest mobile patient I've seen was around 600+pounds.

I stand corrected.

I still think he is trolling. Did you see his post about his creative writing? The one where he 'creatively' writes about opening a packet of sweets (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1052693-feedback-pt-2)
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Just read the 'creative writing's.

Now I'm DEFINITELY leaning more towards troll.
  • Gearjammer71
    Gearjammer71 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    So BigGuy, your profile pic suggests that you're a pretty good fisherman. Looks like you fished-in quite a few of em.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options

Incredible

I know, right? Truly an inspiration. :) I added the link to his page to the "inspirations" section of mine, should ever I need to share it. :)

(And thanks to the woman who found it for me!!)
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to clarify some things for people. It seems a lot of you think I'm a troll..
    I'm not. I live with my mother who does everything she can to take care of me. I have a wheel chair that i get around in (for the most part) I don't really have the ability to leave the house, mobility is one problem but mostly its my lack of clothes. I don't know why I am the way I am. I can't have any food in the house without eating it. This is not an exaggeration.
    My mother doesnt see a problem with my appetite and has even told me that I'm not fat, I don't know if shes trying to protect my feelings or what.
    I really need help if Im going to succeed and I can understand if you as a community don't want me around.

You should see some of the people who was on the Discovery Health channel. They had a special that took an inside look at the daily struggle of severely obese people. There is a facility in Ohio (I believe?) that specialized in assisting obese patients, and helping them lose weight. Some were success stories, and some fell back into their routine. They had wheelchairs that transported the patients everywhere.

As for the OP, I cannot tell whether you are being 100% truthful with us or not, but it is not my place to judge or assume anything. We all are here for a reason. Whether it is to lose a lot of weight, or help to maintain our forms and maybe improve our body's structure (lifting, etc...).

I wish you the best of luck in your journey and know that there are some very nice people on here that are in the same boat. You really need to seek medical attention to check for anything that may fight your efforts. If your sodium is outstanding, you could cut out some water retention with Furosemide (or another water pill) and also have your heart checked out.

Also, you could check out the over-eaters anonymous site and see if there are any groups in the area who could offer support.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I would feel awful if this ended up being real, but there have been so many posts on the forum from this person today. I don't buy it for a second, sorry. If he is so well off financially, he would be seeking professional help, not My Fitness Pal.
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    Still call troll. You changed up your diary from drinking a whole container of Aunt Jemima and a whole thing of Bisquick. You also had Dominos for lunch and A small chinese restaurant for dinner before noon.

TROLL.

Fake fake troll.