NSV: Cupcake = Win

Options
bsmith986
bsmith986 Posts: 17 Member
Lets start at last Saturday.. I brought my girls to a friend's birthday party and there was extra cake. I chose not to have any even though I accidently skipped breakfast and was starving. Well I have now been craving cake for 3 days. I planned my meals for work today and still had quite a few calories to spare so I convinced myself it would be ok if I got a cupcake and had it with lunch. I chose not to feel guilty about it, and told myself I would not ruin the whole day just because I chose to eat one junky cupcake. On the way through the store on my lunch break, at the hotwing bar I found what would have been the ultimate prize, had it been 4 months ago...

Onion Rings AND Mozzarella Sticks! Together! On the same day!

Before I started back counting calories, I would have been all over that. I was having a cupcake, why not just let the whole day go to crap and have fried junk as well? I smiled as I walked by the bar, feeling very little need to even think twice about the decision to pass them by. I returned to work, had my healthy 270 calorie lunch, and my yummy cupcake. I even threw out a small portion of the cupcake (something else I would never have done before... I would have devoured it, regardless of how badly my stomach hurt.) Nope, not this time.

Even though the cupcake could be seen as a fail today, I feel like it was a win... in a delicious way. :)

Replies

• JenX15
    JenX15 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It's the change in your mindset that's the biggest NSV! Well done :) And never look at a cupcake as a fail! They are delicious - and if you can work them into your day - well deserved treats!

Keep doing what you are doing and you will achieve whatever you put your mind to!
  • hep26000
    hep26000 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I love your post. I don't even know you and I am so proud of you. :happy: Well done!
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Cupcake win! Bravo :)

I love cupcakes with all my being and reward myself with them every once in awhile. (or a Hershey's with almonds)
  • spongebex
    spongebex Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I love your post. I don't even know you and I am so proud of you. :happy: Well done!

This :D Well done!!! and thanks for sharing x
  • misschip1983
    misschip1983 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    brilliant resisting temptation x
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Very much WIN!

Way to go!
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I find the fact that you threw away part of a cupcake a travesty
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I find the fact that you threw away part of a cupcake a travesty

I was thinking the same thing! But great job exercising self control on the other stuff. :flowerforyou:
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    That really IS a win! Good for you. You're clearly in control.
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    This is a great NSV. Congrats on amazing will power.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!