sugar >.<

Options
i keep going over my sugar goal! anyone know anything yummy with little sugar content?

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    The sugar suggestion on MFP? It's okay to go over your sugar unless directed by a doctor. Just try to eat healthy sugar found in fruit, not refined sugar because it is low in nutrition and grams of actual food. Provided you are meeting your calorie goal, you will lose weight.

All of the Carb, Protein, Fat ect are suggestions, you can even change them if you want.
  • CoachDougW
    CoachDougW Posts: 12
    Options
    As ladynocturne suggested - the MFP sugar calculator adds ALL sugar, and sugar isn't necessarily the scary evil guy we've been lead to believe. Mind you, reducing your overall sugar isn't a bad idea for anybody, but somehow advertising has given us the impression that overall sugar must be as close to zero as possible or we're all going to be fat and die.

The reality is, if you reduce your ADDED sugar, you're probably low enough. (Unless your Dr tells you otherwise, for any reason.) So be careful what sugar # you are "going over", k?

Foods low in or with no sugar that are yummy: Chicken. Pork. Beef. Turkey. Most meats, really. Broccoli, Cauliflower, Spinach.. most vegetables, really. ;)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It doesn't matter if you get sugar from an apple or a klondike, if calories in < calories out, you will lose weight. There are two major variables (muscle loss which can be offset with protein and weight training) and satiety. Obviously, if you eat a lot of processed foods, you will not maximize satiety. Look at my diary, you will see chocolate, candy, fast food, etc... and I still lose weight.