New Mom 3rd time around...looking to lose 35-40lbs

Options
Hello everyone! I am new here. Was referred to this site by my Aunt. New Mom 3rd time around. Looking to lose the baby weight.

Replies

• literarylin
    Options
    I have three kids too. My third wa sborn in Jan. 2010 ... I am on this weight loss journey too.
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    welcome! best of luck to you :smile:
  • sharonmac
    Options
    Hi Guys! Thanks for welcoming me. My baby was just born on 8/22. Him and my 3 year old have the same bda. I also have a 7 year old lil girl
  • ninaferri2001
    Options
    Hello All, and congrads to all the mommies. I too, am a second time mom. He was born May 15th. I have 10 lbs left to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight of my second child. However, I am hoping to lose 20 lbs to get to my pre-marriage weight. This site has been very helpful. Lets you really see in terms of calories how much you are taking in. Good luck to all you ladies. Hope to see you all at the finish line :-)
  • 2LUVME
    Options
    Welcome! I have 3 children as well, were on the same journey! This is a great website. LOG..Log Log
  • sharonmac
    Options
    so nice to find a site like this! let the journey begin! congrats to all the moms! :happy:
  • DanyelD
    Options
    I'm in the same boat with you! I just had my first child almost three months ago :)
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Can I say I told you so? MFP is a great place to lose weight sensibly and find people to support you.

Love seeing you and the kids!
  • Notsocorny
    Options
    Good luck Ms Mac!
  • janet67
    Options
    Welcome to the site. When I started eating healthy, I had 45 pounds to lose, and I am way older than you (61) and very short 5'2' and weighed 169 1/2. (I'll never admit to 170. . .lol) I felt overwhelmed. Once I hit 50 and the Big M, my metabolisim slowed down and I started gaining weight. In addition I remarried and my hubby is a great cook. Since April, I've lost 25 pounds. I set 5 pound goals and try not to look too far ahead. I believe you can do for a day what seems impossible for a lifetime, so I take it just a day at a time. I try to stay under 1200 calories, watch my carbs and fat, and get at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. Portion control is vital. I don't feel deprived at all and still enjoy my favorite foods. . .just less of them and less often. I know if I can lose weight, anyone can do it. Just log in all you eat (if you bite it, write it!). I frequently log in food before I eat, and that keeps the portions under control. On the food look up, you will find many restaurant items. You can also find nutritional info on line. I have trained hubby to read food labels and we stay away from stuff that is really high in calories or fat. Hubby has lost 25 pounds too! He is very supportive and that helps too.
    Congratulations on committing to eating healthy and getting fit. Good luck with meeting your goals.
    Feel free to add me as a friend; I'd love that!