Need a push !!!

Options
Dipped in and out of MFP, finding it hard to know what to eat and stick with it, too much sugar....seems to be in everything. I have been a member of a gym for 12 mnths but find it difficult to have a work, life gym balance. I am on hrt , since 30(now 45), due to a early hysterectomy. Have read this has an affect on weight but not sure if its true. Probably making excuses.
Six break from school now, the push starts today. got a new plan from the gym this morning. Want to get on track so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• paigemulroe
    paigemulroe Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me for support!!!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Calculate your TDEE and your protein and fat minimums. Don't worry about sugar, only carbs, unless you're diabetic. Eat at a 20% deficit from your TDEE. Lift weights to increase muscle and increase metabolic capacity. Throw in some cardio if you want, HIIT is preferable. Simple as that.
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Great time to start - well anytime is a great time to start!!! Im here and I can def be pushy - but nice about it too!!! Friend request sent.
  • jogeary
    jogeary Posts: 3
    Options
    TDEE and HIIT, sorry lost already :embarassed: :blushing:
  • jogeary
    jogeary Posts: 3
    Options
    Total daily energy expenditure, found that but what does that mean in real terms ? My body fat % is 32. I'm 12 stone 6 pounds and 45 years old.
  • Ashlee788
    Ashlee788 Posts: 4
    Options
    I've been in an out of MFP as well and could really use the motivation as too!