Replies

• sitarami
    sitarami Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    yes, debuckl, pls send me some sprouted recipies
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I am down with the raw fruits and veggies YUM especially cause they are coming into season, so they will jhave flavor. but when it comes to spouting my own things I get alil thrown back. It kinda scares me.
  • sitarami
    Options
    Time now for Raw Food Challenge #2

I start tomorrow-July 7, 2008
  • Danielle7711
    Options
    I've eaten raw food "diets" and, in general, feel really good when I do. My only problem was (what I call) muscle fatigue. I'm thinking maybe I just needed more protein. So I plan to start (resume) tomorrow eating mostly raw fruits and veggies but add cooked fish and eggs.

Now, if I could just stay away from the food the rest of my skinny family eats (french fries, mac & cheese, breads, chips, etc.). It's consistently my downfall. I resist, resist, resist (while eating my apples and carrots) and then someone leaves their Cheetos RIGHT-IN-FRONT-OF-MY-FACE. My lying brain says I can have just one. Then half a bag later with orange fingers and a guilty expression I promise myself (yet again) to do better tomorrow.

I've just got to toughen up. Raw does feel better.
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You have amazing will power, I did one day of a raw diet and could not go further than that, raw just isn't for me but I applaud you for sticking with it!
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options

I resist, resist, resist (while eating my apples and carrots) and then someone leaves their Cheetos RIGHT-IN-FRONT-OF-MY-FACE. My lying brain says I can have just one. Then half a bag later with orange fingers and a guilty expression I promise myself (yet again) to do better tomorrow.

I've just got to toughen up. Raw does feel better.

I really liked that description. :laugh: :laugh:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I like my meat raw sometimes, but you can count me out on this. I'd be lost without my jello 60 cal, my birds eye steam fresh veggies, my chicken. Nothing like a nice marinated london broil with soy, worchester, a pinch of ginger, cracked pepper, some salt, and a pinch of mustard seed cooked over the grill to a rare medium rare, of course ill turn the grill on a higher flame on one side to fufill those who don't want it med/rare like when asked how I want my meat I say " Slap the cow in the *kitten* on his way through the kitchen and I'll cut the bell off his head" and if im lucky theyll bring out medium rare!:drinker:

Some people eat raw meat along with their raw diet..........................

I don't think I could do it..................

http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2008/07/the-health-benefits-of-eating-raw-meat.html

I eat about 40% raw right now, trying to up it a bit..............I eat do raw dairy.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    You have amazing will power, I did one day of a raw diet and could not go further than that, raw just isn't for me but I applaud you for sticking with it!

On the low carb bulletin board I belong to I attempted raw for lent season...............I made it about 4 weeks and then had no energy at all.......................so i had to stop it.
  • sonyer
    sonyer Posts: 2
    Options
    Does Raw mean sashimi too?
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I hope someone out there is ready to take the one week challenge.

Find out why it is healthier to turn to natural food before it is too late...
    http://www.lifepositive.com/body/holistic-recipes/recipes/rawfood.asp
    :happy: A huge golden-brown roasted steak, dripping with butter. Surrounded by finger chips and garnished by a sprig of basil and creamy mayonnaise. The aroma of exotic herbs. Your taste buds tingle. You almost feel the steak melting in your mouth. Yummy, isn't it? But wait! What about the cholesterol you are inviting into your system?

If you are health-conscious and have sufficient will-power, you may push away this delicious picture and go for something more banal, like a boiled salad. But is that really as healthy as it seems?The new mantra doing the rounds is that any-repeat, any-cooked food is avoidable. "In cooked food," says Jehangir Palkhivala, an Indian yoga therapist, "life forces are taken away from the food. Raw food can be consumed easily without exerting pressure on our organs."

And this is only for starters.

Nutrition science is fast gaining the reputation of being a healing and preventive device. Dr Nand Kishore Sharma, a naturopath in New Delhi, India, feels that most diseases are caused by bad food habits. "Unnatural food, which includes any form of food not found in nature, generates toxins that gradually poison the body," he says. From his 'Fireless Kitchen', Dr Sharma gives patients regenerative or natural food for degenerative diseases. This, he claims, has cured many. "I have even seen people grow new teeth and hair at 60 and 70 years of age," he says.

\What is the Raw Food Diet?

The raw food diet is a diet based on unprocessed and uncooked plant foods, such as fresh fruit and vegetables, sprouts, seeds, nuts, grains, beans, nuts, dried fruit, and seaweed.

Heating food above 116 degrees F is believed to destroy enzymes in food that can assist in the digestion and absorption of food. Cooking is also thought to diminish the nutritional value and "life force" of food.

Typically, at least 75% of the diet must be living or raw.

:tongue: What are the Benefits of the Raw Food Diet?

Proponents of the raw food diet believe it has numerous health benefits, including:
    Increased energy
    Improved skin appearance
    Better digestion
    Weight loss
    Reduced risk of heart disease
    The raw food diet contains fewer trans fats and saturated fat than the typical Western diet. It is also low in sodium and high in potassium, magnesium, folate, fiber and health-promoting plant chemicals called phytochemicals.

These properties are associated with a reduced risk of diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. For example, a study published in the Journal of Nutrition found that consumption of a raw food diet lowered plasma total cholesterol and triglyceride concentrations.
    Does this mean I have to eat veggies raw? Cause I am down with that! I HATE cooked veggies, because they get all soft and slimy. :sick: I might give it a whirl...maybe.....let me do some research first. :smile:
  • sitarami
    Options
    Kewl! I'm back in the game. Been away an ate like a hungry dog.
    Time to get back to my mostly raw ways. Jump in!