62 Year Old Woman ... looking for ideas

Hi there -

I am sedentary and very out of shape. Someone gave me a bicycle and I started 1/2 hour in morning.

I CANNOT STAND to do aerobics in a gym or at home.

Besides biking, what could I do to gradually get into shape.

Someone said light weights for muscle tone, gawd knows I am flabby

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• monica_reinert
    monica_reinert Posts: 99 Member
    I really enjoy the Leslie Sansone in door walking programs. She has 1 to 5 mile walks. It's really simple and easy to use.
  • babybs
    babybs Posts: 48 Member
    Monica has the right idea. I quit smoking almost a year ago and when I first quit I could not do more than a few minutes of any type of exercise. I started with Leslie Sansone's one mile walk and through the months have worked myself up. Her DVD's are unbeatable for us "older" ladies.

Also recently I added Zumba Gold to my collection. Unlike the usual Zumba the Gold addition is geared towards us older ladies. A good workout none the less.
  • amraf1024
    amraf1024 Posts: 74
    Walking is always a nice way start slow n then build up speed or time...walking at a park or just different scenery u can also walk with hand weights :)
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    I walk with my mom, she's 69 with bad knees and it's helped her a lot.
  • Kadje
    Kadje Posts: 50 Member
    I'm 58 and in poor condition. I started going to Curves last month. There are women of all ages, shapes and sizes there. You can work out as hard as you want to. It's not intimidating at all. I never thought I'd like it, but I do.
  • rachf2013
    rachf2013 Posts: 69
    Dancing!!!
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Walking is great. It feels good to get outside and little by little you can build up to longer walks. It's energizing!
  • MistleToeSter
    MistleToeSter Posts: 30 Member
    Everyone, Thank you!!!!

These are all great ideals.

Leslie Sansone, checking Amazon for it.