Work out music. Please help me out

Options
Hello, I am tired of my workout songs. I want something new so please all mfp give me 1 and only 1 song that you listen to while you walk, run, bench press, garden anything and I will make a new play list from them all. But I am hoping to get a lot of people helping me out thats why I only ask for one. But if you really can't pick one then okay two will be great. Thanks ahead of time.

~~Swoopette~~

Like country and rock (just not super heavy music where they are screaming) Lite listening too. Just upbeat music.

Replies

• happily
    happily Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It would be a lot easier to pick just one song if I had any idea what kind of music you like....

For now, I'll say "Lose Yourself" by Eminem. Since it's already an ode to giving it all you've got, if you change just a few of the words in your head as you mentally sing along, it becomes an anthem to leaving your heart on the gym floor.
  • KatalynasMommy
    KatalynasMommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've been working out to Micheal and Janet Jackson songs.
  • trgobble
    trgobble Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't really work out (I suck, I know) but if I were gonna pick one song that makes me wanna move (dance, run, whatever, just GET UP) it's "Everybody" by the Backstreet Boys. It's hard to sit still when that song is on. :)
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    tired of being alone by Al Green
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Rah-rah-rasputin!

Seriously, Rasputin, by Boney M. It's a really good beat and sticks in your brain.

Mirii
  • rosaline1191
    rosaline1191 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My songs are always changing but I do have a couple of favorites.
    Right now, I'm listening to Shark in the Water by VV Brown. It's really bubbly and the perfect upbeat song for any activity. And "*kitten* You" by CeeLo Green. It's kind of ridiculous but it's fun to listen to and it's a great song to end a run to.
  • happily
    happily Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, there's actually a nice beat behind Coldplay's "Clocks."

My song for today is Usher Ft. Pitbull "DJ's Got Us Fallin In Love."

(Oops! that's 3 songs from me!)
  • Kravmaga
    Options
    I listen to thrash metal, it relaxes me.
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    I know you only asked for one. But I was building my play list yesterday >< so. here goes.

Rammstein - probably a bit heavy ><
    -Du Hast

ACDC
    -Highway to Hell
    -ThunderStruck
    -TNT
    -You Shook Me All Night Long

Allman Brothers Band
    - Jessica

All Saints (I also have the Christina/Pink/Mya/Missy Elliot version)
    - Lady Marmalade

Amber Lawrence (She's Australian Country Music)
    - Good Girls
    - You Say
    - I've Got The Blues

Benny Benassi (Dancey music)
    - Satisfaction

Black Eyed Peas
    - Pump It
    - Let's Get Retarded
    - My Hump

Bob Sinclar
    - Rock This Party (I Have the Rock This Remix version)

Britney
    - Womanizer
    - Radar
    - If U Seek Amy

Christina Aguilera
    - Fighter
    - Dirty

I have a really BIG play list because I like it to be as random and non-repetitive as possible, I also have over13,000 songs on my iTunes >< So this isn't nearly half of them. haha.

I have recently downloaded *torrentscoughcough* of a bunch of "Mash-UP" tracks. I am still going through them to find ones I like, but I find them fast enough to get me walking quicker.
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you are going to get quite a variety of tastes here. My "go to" song at the end of every workout on the elliptical to keep me going that last 5 or 6 minutes is called Keep Yourself Warm by Frightened Rabbit. Great song and beat.

Colorful language though--hopefully you can get beyond that.
  • bekkyhughes
    Options
    Paolo Nutini - Pencil Full of Lead :)
  • LaSirena29
    Options
    My "makes me want to dance right off my bike" song is On A Cloud by PPP
  • Jarreduniverse
    Jarreduniverse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know you said you listen to rock and country, but I LOOOOVVVEEE listening to Kid Sister's Ultraviolet album and anything by Girl Talk. If Kid Sister (rap) isn't your thing, give Girl Talk a try. He's a DJ that mixes all sorts of songs together, rock, pop, country, rap...everything.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Country - Fast As You by Dwight Yoakum
    Undo It - Carrie Underwood

Rock - Call Me When You're Sober - Evanescense
    In The End - Linkin Park
    Supermassive Black Hole - Muse

You can also go to Search. There is a running music thread already started for suggestions.
  • leggymomma64
    leggymomma64 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ok here are a few, Lady Gaga - Telephone; Ke$ha - Tik Tok & Take It Off; Rhianna - Disturbia; Pink - So What
  • Swoopette
    Swoopette Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the songs. I know have a new play list. Going to the gym to listen to them now. Thanks again.

Swoopette