Any tips on a really good heart rate monitor/cal burner?

Options
I am looking to buy a new heart rate monitor, but I want one that is user friendly. I have one right now, and it sucks.

TIA

Lisa

Replies

• quiltlady77
    quiltlady77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Lisa, I'll also be interested in what others say are good ones. My daughter bought me one for Christmas and the chest strap never worked so they sent a new one and that didn't work either so now looking for a different one.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    The FT4 Polar is really easy to set up and use, I bought mine off Amazon.

Quilt, what HRM was it you had out of interest?
  • Snowwy11
    Snowwy11 Posts: 28
    Options
    I love my Polar Ft7! Very user friendly :-)
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and I love it. It was $20 more than the other option I was considering, but it was . . . pink. Yep, I'm a sucker for the colors. My husband now wants an aqua one. Color aside it's really great. Easy to use and clean, comfortable to wear (except in REALLY intense cardio sessions where it can slip out of my bra a little), and it's always had great reviews. It's also on the cheaper end of the really good HRMs. I loved that it was under $100.
  • lnicole1625
    lnicole1625 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! As soon as I can afford it, I'm gonna get one.:smile:
  • fcevallos
    fcevallos Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I got the Polar H7 a few months back and love it! I especially like that it's just the chest strap, and it links by bluetooth to my iphone, so I don't have to wear a watch (can't stand that when I'm sweaty!).
  • quiltlady77
    quiltlady77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Di, I had a New Balance that didn't work, two different ones.
  • sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar Ft7! Very user friendly :-)

I just got an Ft60 (women's version of F7) are your calorie burn low? Has anyone else had this problem? I had another (accurate) HRM that I used prior to the FT60, I get there is variation among HRM equations but the FT60 is saying I burn appx 4 calories a minute when at 150bpm (83% max) for my HIIT workouts. This is way off compared to 13 calories a minute with my other HRM at the same intensity. I set everything up properly and re-checked everything. I'm wondering if my watch is defective. Any help would be appreciated!