It Works Wraps

Options
I just wanted to ask if anyone knew of ANY side effects of these "detox wraps?" I did one at a wrap party but the distributor was alittle laxed and did not do procedure properly so there was no way to "measure" if there were results or not. But I felt odd that night when I went home and alittle nausea :( I waited about 2 months before I tried a 2nd one and did at home and measured accordingly and followed all steps. I did show an intial 3/4" difference BUT here is my concern, I woke up in the middle of the night with a headache and still this am. I took tylenol and it went away but was concerned about IF it is this product causing side effects and just wanted to know if anyone maybe had some information? Any advice? Thank you.....

Replies

• jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You're probably dehydrated. Drink a bunch of water.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I agree ^^ I did them twice and it jump started my loss of inches, never gained those inches back just kept losing :) I just did it to jump start my weight loss lol Never had any side effects.
  • jess804
    jess804 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ok Thank you :)
  • lizapettit
    lizapettit Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to ask if anyone knew of ANY side effects of these "detox wraps?" I did one at a wrap party but the distributor was alittle laxed and did not do procedure properly so there was no way to "measure" if there were results or not. But I felt odd that night when I went home and alittle nausea :( I waited about 2 months before I tried a 2nd one and did at home and measured accordingly and followed all steps. I did show an intial 3/4" difference BUT here is my concern, I woke up in the middle of the night with a headache and still this am. I took tylenol and it went away but was concerned about IF it is this product causing side effects and just wanted to know if anyone maybe had some information? Any advice? Thank you.....

Yes. I only did them because they were given to me for free. It gave me a terrible headache and made me a little nauseous which I think was from dehydration. Drank a bunch of water, went back to sleep and felt fine the next morning.
  • vrmoline
    vrmoline Posts: 1
    Options
    I used the It Works wrap according to instructions. I was NOT dehydrated. In fact, I felt like I might explode from all the water consumed. That night and for 3 days (at least) afterwards, I had the WORST headache and nausea. It was pretty intense. I'm not knocking the wraps. I know they have worked for many people I know personally. After following the instructions and continuing to flush with water for days, I am convinced the wraps caused the headaches and nausea. It wasn't the stomach flu - no one else in the family got it.

I've heard from others and read up and headaches are not uncommon after using the wrap. I wouldn't automatically assume that "loads of toxins were released in my body and my body was reacting to incredible detoxifying power of the wraps." It is more likely that there are some ingredients in the wrap the did not mesh well with my body. That is probably the case for many.

If you're wondering, NO change occurred over 72 hours other than my skin feeling smoother. I measured and took photos. I'm 5'3 and 110 lbs and fairly active so I didn't have much to transform anyway. But like I said, I've seen others have a relatively noticeable change after using MULTIPLE wraps.
  • shrenlee
    shrenlee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The reason they tell you to drink water is it will release the toxins in your fat. YOu drink the water to help your body flush out the toxins. The headache and nausea are probably a result of the toxins released into your system by the cells purging them. If you drink a lot of water, steadily throughout the day, it helps your body flush them away. Literally.