I was doing my brisk walk this evening!!

Options
I take at least an hour walk every evening.. its " my time".. its a stress relief... and a work out.. i pick the hillest .. and sometimes the longest.. places to walk ... i try to switch things up all the time.... well tonight when i was walking with a new walking buddy.. ( seems im very addictive to ppl now since im out to lose weight.. everyone wants to walk with me).... i noticed ppl looking at us.. hard ... long .. looks.. llike they may have noticed me before.. and im out a lot.. or just stretching to see who i am..who knows.. but they are taking big effort .. to stretch their necks.... so i said .. out loud but to myself .. just trying to be funny and enjoy time with my buddy and my work out.... " keep looking .. cause you will see less of me next time"... when i got home .. i was thinking... thats a great way to think... these ppl will see me again.. cause they most likely live in the area... so im determined to lose now.. cause i want a them to see LESS OF ME NEXT WEEK.. lololol... i hope everyone else who is embarassed to get up and get moving .. takes in what i just learned myself...

This is part of my journey .... im looking at this life change... different this time... im learning how i think about things.. what makes me feel good... and learning how my body is... its all working for me... i just thought this might help .. for someone who is struggling. love all of you for you effort.. and kick butt!!!

Replies

• sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I take at least an hour walk every evening.. its " my time".. its a stress relief... and a work out.. i pick the hillest .. and sometimes the longest.. places to walk ... i try to switch things up all the time.... well tonight when i was walking with a new walking buddy.. ( seems im very addictive to ppl now since im out to lose weight.. everyone wants to walk with me).... i noticed ppl looking at us.. hard ... long .. looks.. llike they may have noticed me before.. and im out a lot.. or just stretching to see who i am..who knows.. but they are taking big effort .. to stretch their necks.... so i said .. out loud but to myself .. just trying to be funny and enjoy time with my buddy and my work out.... " keep looking .. cause you will see less of me next time"... when i got home .. i was thinking... thats a great way to think... these ppl will see me again.. cause they most likely live in the area... so im determined to lose now.. cause i want a them to see LESS OF ME NEXT WEEK.. lololol... i hope everyone else who is embarassed to get up and get moving .. takes in what i just learned myself...

This is part of my journey .... im looking at this life change... different this time... im learning how i think about things.. what makes me feel good... and learning how my body is... its all working for me... i just thought this might help .. for someone who is struggling. love all of you for you effort.. and kick butt!!!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! I love it - less of me next time. I'll def. remember that! :flowerforyou:
  • mlck2323
    mlck2323 Posts: 87
    Options
    great way to think--i love reading posts about positive thinking. I like that you don't let others rule you, you will always be out there on the roads and I bet the reason your friends want to walk with you is because you know what you want and nothing is going to stop you from reaching your goal! keep it up.

M
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey good for you! I wish I could think of witty comments like that! :smile:

Until I moved, I had been going to the same park to walk (and then jog) about 4 times/week. I lost about 35 pounds in that park and right before I moved I was out there jogging. I saw a familiar elderly couple walking their dogs. I smiled and said Hi over my iPod and the man said something back, so I took out my buds and he goes, "You're looking good these days. We've noticed your transformation." And I just said Thank You and had the biggest grin on my face for the rest of the day.

Having friends and family notice is one thing... having strangers/acquaintances notice is totally different.

Congrats!:drinker:
  • jpramos584
    jpramos584 Posts: 14
    Options
    Great way to have positive thinking! I am doing a body pump class at my local YMCA. I thought I would be so embarrassed by being the biggest girl there and being so uncoordinated with everyone else. I absolutely love it and I could care less what people think of me. The most important is that I am doing what is best for me before it is too late.
    I think you have been my ultimate inspiration tonight! Thank you!
  • delpha2
    delpha2 Posts: 42
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    LOL...omg....I love the way you think girl!!!

When people notice, be it family, friends, or strangers (well not the creepy kind lol) it makes it all worth while....its hard for us to really give our self that type of gratification...but we should! We sure deserve it!

big hugs and you are doing amazing!!!
    ali:flowerforyou: