Machines at the gym?

Options
Which machine at the gym do u feel is worthless whether cardio or strength state your case.

Me i say those bikes that you sit and peddle the ones with your feet in front of u not the taller sationary bikes. Ive used them and i see ppl using them and im like.. How is that helping you and least from my visual perspective.

Replies

• phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    All machines have their place. but I hate people who use any machine as a focal point of their exercise. they are at best an accessory to a proper template. Should never be a focal point.
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Using any machine at the gym is better then sitting on the couch at home.
  • lenkearney
    lenkearney Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The scale they keep by the dressing rooms!! Stupid thing always says the same weight - must be broke!
  • minijuggernaut
    minijuggernaut Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Eh, they can all have their place, depending on who's using them.

If I really had to pick one, I'd say the preacher curl machine, because either my arms are too short, my torso is too short, or something's not right here because before I got comfortable with free weights, I tried like 100 times to use it and it's just impossible!
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Yes true as it may be all machines have their place and fit someones needs but you still have to admit there is one somewhere whether its thru personal use or warching it be used it annoys you ;)

The stupid scale how could i have forgotten that one!!???
  • minijuggernaut
    minijuggernaut Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yes true as it may be all machines have their place and fit someones needs but you still have to admit there is one somewhere whether its thru personal use or warching it be used it annoys you ;)

The stupid scale how could i have forgotten that one!!???

I try not to judge...but admittedly, watching people do squats on the smith machine makes my teeth itch.
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options

I try not to judge...but admittedly, watching people do squats on the smith machine makes my teeth itch.

QFT. I just have to walk away.
  • lenkearney
    lenkearney Posts: 116 Member
    Options

QFT. I just have to walk away.

Ok, I have to ask why? bad form? risky? shorts too short?