23 yrs old with 28 pounds to lose!

Options
Hi there! :)

My name's Rachel and I'm new to this place. I'm just about 23 (on the 18th!), and I want to lose about 28 more pounds to reach my goal. I started losing weight in May of 2009, starting at 190 lbs, and now I'm about 148 lbs. I'm finding it's so much more difficult to lose the weight than it used to be now that I'm closer to my goal. I hope that MFP will help me out, and I think it will. It's awesome how I can track everything I take in and burn... so nifty! It's also great to have other people to communicate with about fitness and weight loss. Yay!

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello :)

Replies

• roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    Im 23 as well! I started my weight loss journey in Feb '10 and have lost over 50 lbs so far! It will be nice to see others my age doing the same thing I am! You can friend me if you like!
    -Roy
  • mikioi
    mikioi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    MFP is great for your fitness goals! youʻre in the right place!! Good luck! :) oh, and iʻm 21...
  • jdmerritt84
    jdmerritt84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is the right place to come the everything this site has to offer are wondeful tools to help you lose the weight.

Good luck
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I had to say hi, mostly because my name is Rachael, I am 23 and I started out with 27 lbs. to lose! :) Anyway, this site is fantastic. It is exactly what I needed for success. I am a visual person, so seeing what I am putting into my body and also how exercise effects it really helps motivate me. Good luck!!
  • rachelcordova
    Options
    Thank you all for making me feel welcome! :)